FZJ80 Daily Driver Overland Rig. Build Thread.

CSG

Explorer
Why do people think they need to "build" a Land Cruiser in order to take it off road at a moment's notice? They are extremely capable stock. My stock LX has had the running boards removed and the tires are currently close to stock size KO2's (265/75/16). Living in Idaho, we have lots of rocky two-tracks, rutted roads, and weather. My rig does it all with aplomb (college word).

MrWesson

Adventurer
Why do people think they need to "build" a Land Cruiser in order to take it off road at a moment's notice? They are extremely capable stock. My stock LX has had the running boards removed and the tires are currently close to stock size KO2's (265/75/16). Living in Idaho, we have lots of rocky two-tracks, rutted roads, and weather. My rig does it all with aplomb (college word).

Custom stuff is the American way..

I agree though. I also think the obsession with protection has gotten out of control. sure you can ram trees(you wont) and put the weight of your truck on a rock(you wont) but you've added 1000lbs to it(most 4x4's are already slow).

Roof racks are more Yeti than function these days too.

Also people mod out there vehicle and exceed the fun factor of local trails.. If you can carefully do everything with lockers, planning and 31's.. Then you simply run over everything with 35's taking away the fun factor.

Outsane

Nice rig, watching for more updates

drooling on the icon shocks. 6-7 week back order

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You cannot go everywhere on 31"s and lockers and I do on 35"s and lockers as I can't with somebody with 42"s. A lot of it? Sure. But not all. You can always find a trail to challenge you. Have the same size tires/ similar built rig as the guys you ride with. It's not fun to be the weakest link or being bored while others struggle.

42"s are the new 37"s. Stock trucks are coming with 33-35"s from the factory now.

Build what makes you happy. Gas is cheap. I spent $70 on Mexican food last night. It's all realitive. If you just dropped $10,000 on a rig and are having the time of your life, laugh at the pump and those folks driving $70,000 2wd thingies or $35,000 1wd chrome thingies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste