lost on the mainland
2014-08-29_(19-26-09).jpg

chicken thighs (or whatever you like)
single bag of chicken gravy mix
can of cream of chicken
pop tube of biscuits
rice optional

brown chicken
take out make gravy pack inside and then put in can of soup and some more milk like can says
put chicken back in (we often have some pre cooked rice with us and is a option guess one could use some kinda minute rice)

put biscuts on top of mix and cook to biscuit directions till brown

my wife does not like the gooey bottom :) I do
I often grill the biscuits quickly for her before putting in and put in cook side down again optional

I also want to use bisquick and drop lumps on top sometime

this was a old recipe my mom had when I was a kid from who knows where ? but kids like it super easy etc..

irish_11

Explorer
chicken thighs (or whatever you like)
single bag of chicken gravy mix
can of cream of chicken
pop tube of biscuits
rice optional

I made this in Moab last year. Went over well with my friends. Needed a bit more flavor/spice in my opinion. So the last time I made it (at home as a test) I browned the chicken in sriracha sauce. I liked that a little more in my opinion.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I made this in Moab last year. Went over well with my friends. Needed a bit more flavor/spice in my opinion. So the last time I made it (at home as a test) I browned the chicken in sriracha sauce. I liked that a little more in my opinion.

agree on spice :)

my kids 8 and 12 the 12 is getting better about spice :)
I load mine with pepper and also can be good is shoyu :)

but always spice up food with more it seems :)

slimpartywagon

Most of my early days of camping consisted of only having one pot, one skillet, and a percolator coffee pot. I learned how to cook various meals using only 1 pot or 1 skillet. Here are a few of my recipes I continue to make both at home and at camp.

Loaded Breakfast Skillet:

(Amount of ingredients determined by how many people are eating. I am writing this as a single person meal, so for more people just do the simple math.)

Ingredients

2 eggs
1 large patatoe
1/2 medium onion
1 garlic clove minced
4 strips of bacon (ham, sausage, hot dogs, or other meat can be substituted)
Green peppers
1/4 cup Mushrooms
Salt
Pepper
Lowery's season salt (or your favorite brand)
1/4 cup milk (optional)
Shredded cheese

Prepperation:
Start heating the cast iron skillet on low heat
Peal and chop the patatoes into medium sized cubes and set aside
Dice the onion and put with patatoe cubes
Mince the garlic add to patatoes

(Skillet should now be warm)

Add bacon to the skillet and cook until it's about 1/3 the way done, do not drain grease,then add patatoe and onion mixture. Season to taste with salt, pepper and season salt. Cook covered stirring occasionally to keep food from sticking

Scramble eggs, add milk, mushrooms, and garlic.

Once the patatoes are soft and can be cut with a spatula without effort, remove lid and cook another few minutes until patatoes are browned. Add egg mixture and coock just like you would coock scrambled eggs. When eggs are done turn off heat and add shredded cheese. Cover skillet and let sit until cheese is melted.

Serve with toast, or on tortillas with your favorite salsa.

Jack Daniels stew

2 shots Jack
1/4 lbs cube steak
1/2 medium onion
2 medium sized patatoe
1 carrot
1 celery stalk
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Salt
Pepper
Waterer

Prepperation:

In Dutch Oven or pot add 1 shot Jack, meat, and seasoning. Brown meat on low heat until Jack Daniels cooks off.
Cut up veggies and add to pot along with patatoes and brown sugar. Fill up pot with water to cover contents of pot.
Bring water to boil and add last shot of Jack. Turn down heat and simmer until patatoes are done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne