SoDak's M101A2 build

wvtradbow

Observer
Nice build so far.Thats a steal for that trailer,$300 for a clean pretty rust free trailer.I payed $250 for mine an it was pretty rusted up with numerous holes,I guess that's the difference between living in the rust belt (as the name implies)as opposed to the south west...

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Thanks, It's not in bad shape, one side has a bit more rust than the other but it is all surface rust. I used rust neutralizer on the springs prior to painting just for added insurance. I took the hangers apart and cleaned all the old grease out of them, installed new grease zerks and tried to fill but my grease gun is giving me fits.

Mine has a ton of drilled holes as it was a comm trailer. Will have to close those up eventually.

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Got it all put together tonight. Now to hook the brakes up.
2aacc1159c013d19f5be054ae9ef2eab.jpg
cafc57b41eb47241591795aff5026d26.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
1st trip with the new axle. Pulled 3.5 hours each way. No issues at all. Met a bunch of friends and spent a day driving around the Ozarks. Trailer stayed in camp.

Thought i had some rubbing but it ended up being a dust shield on the jeep hitting the brake rotor.
3115ab33c9105f47790c433afd0288f9.jpg
00eb4af35f25fb161fa5660078248f29.jpg
2b38f0b0b40f6429ac1d550823ac8547.jpg
1506b7073451172ce1f4c1bff662e221.jpg
545a364290b2a10a1627949ca399e3c7.jpg
f2e55264484074aef045ce9d782d71c8.jpg
ad874b6595fde09cfd04c40e3f5c818e.jpg
4a82c035bb5239c223b1b1fc143a7375.jpg
f32247756c2ffa29a1a72ca532410f24.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Not on the trailer, but related. I am starting to wire up my Jeep for the 7 wire harness and didn't want the connector hanging low. Since I don't run a bumper the perfect spot (to me) is in the back of the factory jack compartment. Using the mopar harness. At this point all I have done is the connector, and working through the wiring still but I feel like it will be a high clean install. Have the box purchased for the trailer side as well so I can hook up the brakes, reverse lights and aux power.

Attachments

• 7 wire port.jpg
    7 wire port.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 49

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Well didn't get to actually work on the trailer, but did a bunch of prep work on the Jeep to start getting ready to wire up the brakes. The Curt Spectrum controller came in and I played with that a bit. also got rid of all of my hodgepodge DIY wiring and installed an apollointech controller. I couldn't justify the cost of an S-POD. Also got my ViAir constant duty compressor in.

spectrum.jpgViair.jpgcontroller.jpgwiring.jpgapollointech controller.jpg

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Well after a long hiatus, hope to soon be working on it again. I had forgotten but I had some 31" tall BAL jacks on my Amazon list, and my wife picked them up for me for xmas. Need to figure out how to mount. I use as a utility trailer a lot but haven't camped in over a year...Yeah I know, but way too many new house projects and my wife had a major car accident that kept her off work for 8 months (she is fine now, but still has a few shoulder issues).

Still working on new trailer wiring and wiring up the brakes. I have been really remiss in spending time on it. While off work, wife picked up kayaking this year and we managed to "pick up" two kayaks, one is a pedal kayak that doesn't mess with her shoulder. I also reinvigorated my mountain biking addiction and picked up a new bike. No longer works on my old rack. Trying to decide if I want to to a hitch mount or mount by the tent on my rack. Will most likely weld on a hitch receiver and go that route But want to figure out the cooking thing as well and if I want to to the kitchen off the tailgate. Gotta figure out how to attach all these things to trailer (or roof rack)

Definitely gonna be loaded down by the time we get done....lol.

Topaz.jpg

Mirage_Revolution_13.png

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Well I finally got my jacks installed this weekend. Looks like almost the exact setup as @dstock . Turned out well with the exception of the fact that every drill bit I have is dull, and even more so now. Not bad, about a 3 hour project. Just bolted the new crossmember in as I was too lazy to drag out the welder. Progress, really slow, but getting there.Stab jacks.jpgstab jack crossmember.jpg

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Not much activity lately. I did rig up some kayak mounts. Really just some large j hooks that I bolted to my temporary(4 years old) tent rack. That Hobie is LOOOONNNG. I also fabbed up some led's under the tent. Picked up a new awning for an xmas present for me(currently mounted on the Jeep, but will go on the trailer eventually) and a new cover for the tent(not installed yet.) Still working on the collapsible rack, but change my mind a lot on it.RNSP1.jpgRNSP2.jpgawning.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles