Dual Port USB Addition 06' Jeep LJ

NC06LJ

Adventurer
Decided since I'm not a smoker :ylsmoke: and my wife is always searching for outlets to charge devices (phone, GoPro, iPads, etc.) I'd add a new USB port.

After a quick search on Amazon I came up with the Dual Port USB outlet from Cilena (pic below). Shipping was quick and at $14.99 I think its a solid addition.

The port for the cig lighter was just a bit too small for the USB, but a Dremel made quick work of widening the opening.

USB than slid home and is held in place by a simple jam nut

Kit comes with the spade connectors, so a wire stripper/crimper or soldering set up is all you need to install

Once your accessories are turned on via the key the outer ring on the outlet lights up blue for evening plug in ease

I'm pleased with the fit and finish and will do some recharge time tests this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_2316.JPG
    IMG_2316.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2307.JPG
    IMG_2307.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2305.JPG
    IMG_2305.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2321.JPG
    IMG_2321.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2320.JPG
    IMG_2320.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2317.JPG
    IMG_2317.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2325.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2324.JPG
    IMG_2324.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2323.JPG
    IMG_2323.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2327.JPG
    IMG_2327.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 30
You can never have too many USB outlets these days it seems. Not that it adds much, but if it's hot all the time, USB outlets add a small parasitic load, so watch if a week battery and sitting for extended periods.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I recently added one to the panel under the steering wheel so I can charge my phone with a short cord instead of stringing a cord all the way to the center of the Jeep.

USBOutlet_zpsx2lva9tw.jpg

SnoViking

Adventurer
I just ordered 4 of these to install throughout my truck. I agree... You can never have too many power outlets.

XJINTX

Explorer
First mod I did in my FWC camper... Wife is an Ipad / Iphone user and has the watch too... seems she is always charging something ;)

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Neat idea...kind of want to do it. Especially as I add more electronics to the dash and such.

I don't smoke either but always figured the cig lighter would be a nifty self defense accessory:D. I need to stop watching Deadpool....

NC06LJ

Adventurer
You can never have too many USB outlets these days it seems. Not that it adds much, but if it's hot all the time, USB outlets add a small parasitic load, so watch if a week battery and sitting for extended periods.

Good tip, but the way the cig lighter works on my year Jeep is there is only a draw when the key is turned to the accessory position or starting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94