Considering 2015 LC with 22k. What to look for?

trd

Observer
Anything in particular? I don't know much about the LC exclusively, other than it's the tits based on the rest of the world's collective opinion. I feel like the interior is lacking for an 80k SUV. Any opinions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Hothonda

Hi.... Purchased '15 new 2 years ago. Owned 3 100's previously.

Definitely "old school" with no pretense (my preference) compared to equal priced competition. Seats very comfortable and controls straightforward. -0- problems.
Great resale.

Looked at the '16 / '17 recently- prefer the '15 front & controls. '16 - '17 rear is nice....not enough to make me jump.

Look up service records and get a PPI (pre purchase inspection)

If a dealer get them to CPO. Very active 200 forum on IHMUD to answer ANY concerns.

Happy with mine.

IMG_0039_zps0pvxgnv2.jpg~original

P1020792_zpse7e6e895.jpg~original

Hothonda

FWIW...Recent overview on the '16/'17 (mechanically the same as '15 except 8 speed trans & price ha ha) from Motor Trend's Jan 2017 "SUV Of The Year" issue.

Scan_zpsmuacjqjw.jpeg~original

trd

Observer
Hi.... Purchased '15 new 2 years ago. Owned 3 100's previously.

Definitely "old school" with no pretense (my preference) compared to equal priced competition. Seats very comfortable and controls straightforward. -0- problems.
Great resale.

Looked at the '16 / '17 recently- prefer the '15 front & controls. '16 - '17 rear is nice....not enough to make me jump.

Look up service records and get a PPI (pre purchase inspection)

If a dealer get them to CPO. Very active 200 forum on IHMUD to answer ANY concerns.

Happy with mine.

Beautiful truck. Yes the one I'm looking at is CPO. It has 22k miles and they are asking $60k. Would you say that is fair? How far down would you expect them to come?

Hothonda

With CPO That's an OK price - New '17's are $86K and can be purchased for $10K off....

Was offered $60 for my LC w/10K miles off the discounted price above....Final offer to me was $15K +TTL difference.

Did not see any advantage after I came to my senses.

22K on these trucks is nothing. Have them provide a carfax & ask for a couple future services.

Good luck!

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Main thing to look out for is the risk of getting soft being shuttled gently around with barely a whiff of being inconvenienced by trail obstacles. Nice looking truck.

trd

Observer
Thanks for the advice.

I went and test drove it just now. I wasn't impressed. This particular dealer has some "special" pricing method for used cars and they don't budge. The interior was definitely flawed, either by kids or pets, and I don't think the $60k price tag was justified. I'll keep looking.

I have a 4runner TRD PRO on order, but I was considering other options. I love the idea of the LR4, but not the history of maintenance issues and reliability I've read about.

coledudley

Observer
I have a '16 and have exchanged some PMs with people on Mud regarding current pricing for new '16s and '17s. For a brand new '17, anything below $76k would be a steal while above $80k would be surprising. For new '16s, folks have gotten from them from $69k to $75k. I'd say $70k would be a good deal on a new one. A '15 with 22k... the 60-65k range seems right if it's in good condition. It sounds like this one wasn't, but I thought I'd share my thoughts in case you decide to keep looking.

p nut

butter
Thanks for the advice.

I went and test drove it just now. I wasn't impressed. This particular dealer has some "special" pricing method for used cars and they don't budge. The interior was definitely flawed, either by kids or pets, and I don't think the $60k price tag was justified. I'll keep looking.

I have a 4runner TRD PRO on order, but I was considering other options. I love the idea of the LR4, but not the history of maintenance issues and reliability I've read about.

4Runners are cool. If I had <2 kids, I would look at those as well. With 2 or more young ones, it'd have to be an LC for sure. I've had 4Runners in the past, and even with 2 kids, cargo room gets eaten up quick!

trd

Observer
Keep looking.

You're the one writing the check...not them!

Thanks for the support

I have a '16 and have exchanged some PMs with people on Mud regarding current pricing for new '16s and '17s. For a brand new '17, anything below $76k would be a steal while above $80k would be surprising. For new '16s, folks have gotten from them from $69k to $75k. I'd say $70k would be a good deal on a new one. A '15 with 22k... the 60-65k range seems right if it's in good condition. It sounds like this one wasn't, but I thought I'd share my thoughts in case you decide to keep looking.
Thanks for the information, really helpful. A new one might be out of my price range even at 69k, unfortunately.

4Runners are cool. If I had <2 kids, I would look at those as well. With 2 or more young ones, it'd have to be an LC for sure. I've had 4Runners in the past, and even with 2 kids, cargo room gets eaten up quick!
Thanks for the advice. I have my first daughter on the way, due in late May. I really like the LR4 to be honest, I just don't know enough about the reliability of the newer models. There are some '15s with less than 30k miles going for just over 50k near me. I need to do more research on them.

MTSN

Explorer
Keep in mind the LC was refreshed in 13 and didn't change until 16, so don't be afraid to look at a 13 or 14 since they're a little cheaper. The 200 is a great platform!

atlantaM3

LR4 is a bit smaller than the LC, but still plenty of room inside. a bit more trail friendly as a result. As a data point, my '13 LR4 has about 35k, goes out in the woods, has been in mud to the top of the bumper. It goes in once a year for service, and I put gas in it. 2010-2013 models seem to be doing pretty well reliability wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior