Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Pro-Rig V2.0 - Home Built Compact Composite Pop-up

Hard to imagine what going through something like that is like.
    Good to hear you and your family are alive and well. Thanks for posting. Camp on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
    You guys in Boise have all the cool vans...
    http://forum.expeditionportal.com/th...int-Conversion

So glad you are ok. That picture is staggering. Wow

WOW! glad you guys are OK. Good to see the camper on the truck and out in the wild.
    2015 MB Sprinter Winnebago Era 70C
    1965 Scout 80 7.3PSD/ZF/203/205 D60F/14BFF
    Member: 4 Jackstand Wheeler's Association
    Quote Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

Thanks guys. It's been a crazy month!

Recent highlight for sure was getting out for a New Years Eve overnighter in the camper. Just an hour or so up the coast to Refugio State Beach but was great fun. Met some friends, shared some bbq, wine, etc. around the campfire and actually made it to (and past ) midnight! Found that I am capable of setting up the bed in an, uh, altered state . I consider this very important research!!

The next "morning" we backed the camper up to the beach for lunch time breakfast burritos and enjoyed the sun and 70 degree temps.

Of course our record heat means not much snow yet in the mountains - hope the next update comes in the form of cold weather testing in the Sierras!

matt
    2010 Nissan Frontier 4X4, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 1980 Honda XL250S, 1981 Honda XL500S
    Camper Builds:
    The Original Pro-Rig and Pro-Rig v2.0

Looking good! Speaking of cold, where did you purchase
    the propex heater from? Also the through hull fitting; does the
    exhaust tube get too hot for the panel?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Ops View Post
    Looking good! Speaking of cold, where did you purchase
    the propex heater from? Also the through hull fitting; does the
    exhaust tube get too hot for the panel?
    Thanks
    Got the heater itself online from Westy Ventures. They might have been the only importer to the US back then, there are others now. The through hull and exhaust insulation came from Sure Marine (online).

This recent overnighter was the first time we ran the heater all night (thermostat was turning it on and off) so it hasn't gotten a real cold weather test yet where it would be running more continuously. That being said, it looks like the panels are holding up fine.

I made the hole in the panel for the through hull as large as I could to keep any heat as far away from the panel as possible. I made an oversized hole where the exhaust pipe passes through an interior wall and used an aluminum bracket to keep the pipe centered and away from the panel. The big thick insulation thingy that I got was kinda pricey but does the job of protecting other stuff in the compartments where the exhaust tube is running.

It's a nice little unit - runs real quiet, is super compact and provides a lot of flexibility in mounting location. Not cheap but I think it was a good choice.
    2010 Nissan Frontier 4X4, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 1980 Honda XL250S, 1981 Honda XL500S
    Camper Builds:
    The Original Pro-Rig and Pro-Rig v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteThistle View Post
    Got the heater itself online from Westy Ventures. They might have been the only importer to the US back then, there are others now. The through hull and exhaust insulation came from Sure Marine (online).

This recent overnighter was the first time we ran the heater all night (thermostat was turning it on and off) so it hasn't gotten a real cold weather test yet where it would be running more continuously. That being said, it looks like the panels are holding up fine.

I made the hole in the panel for the through hull as large as I could to keep any heat as far away from the panel as possible. I made an oversized hole where the exhaust pipe passes through an interior wall and used an aluminum bracket to keep the pipe centered and away from the panel. The big thick insulation thingy that I got was kinda pricey but does the job of protecting other stuff in the compartments where the exhaust tube is running.

It's a nice little unit - runs real quiet, is super compact and provides a lot of flexibility in mounting location. Not cheap but I think it was a good choice.
    Thanks. Been looking for one of these https://www.sheridanmarine.com/produ...-hull-fittings
    but can't find one here in the US. Maybe I can make something similar.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324