Any new info on tred pros

basing110

Observer
I have been searching the internet for several months and for the life of me can not find any reviews of the tred pros or anyone that has put them through the paces. ..

do they bend similar to maxtrax and not seperate where the harder lugs are formed in?
Are the harder lugs holding up under light wheel spin?

Are they still having problems with cracking?

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
I have admittedly put them through only limited use, but am pleased as can be with my TRED Pros. Minimal bending, no separations, no lug issues, no cracking. I'm very impressed with this product, especially considering their lifetime guarantee and affordability relative to the popular competitor.

32356378920_c101bc5a0b_b.jpg

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I have admittedly put them through only limited use, but am pleased as can be with my TRED Pros. Minimal bending, no separations, no lug issues, no cracking. I'm very impressed with this product, especially considering their lifetime guarantee and affordability relative to the popular competitor.

32356378920_c101bc5a0b_b.jpg

You mention affordability to the competitor, what did you pay for yours? Have only seen the tred pro's for the same price as maxtrax.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I used my TRED Pros in Moab and they cracked big time. I think they are more suited to mud and sand.

Sabre

Overlanding Nurse
You mention affordability to the competitor, what did you pay for yours? Have only seen the tred pro's for the same price as maxtrax.

My apologies; yes, the TRED Pro seems to go for the same price as the Maxtrax. I got in on the Kickstarter (learned about it here on ExPo) and got mine at a substantial discount. It was the original TRED that was much less expensive than the Maxtrax.

JPaul

Observer
I used my TRED Pros in Moab and they cracked big time. I think they are more suited to mud and sand.
What did you use them on, rocks? They aren't strong enough to be bridging ladders, all you should be using them for is mud, sand, and snow. If you need to bridge a gap between rocks or act as a ramp you need something much stronger.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

outback97

Adventurer

Can you elaborate on this with more info? How were they used, what type of vehicle, where did they crack, etc.? Are you pursuing a warranty claim?

I'm curious because I have a set of these bought through Kickstarter last year, but haven't had occasion to use them yet. Thanks.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
What did you use them on, rocks? They aren't strong enough to be bridging ladders, all you should be using them for is mud, sand, and snow. If you need to bridge a gap between rocks or act as a ramp you need something much stronger.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I used them in the same way I've used Maxtrax in the past without breakage - snow with loose rocks/ledges underneath. So basically even if you have TREDs you still need Maxtrax for bridging/ramping, so might as well just stick with Maxtrax if you think you might ever need to do that.

You can do this with Maxtrax but not TREDs:

lOnJEO5l.jpg

Jelorian

Adventurer
That doesn't look like a good bridging solution.

I think he's trying to show that the Maxtrax will flex instead of breaking. People double up on them to bridge smaller gaps.

The Treds and Tred Pros would snap and break under that type of flexing. Removed incorrect statement about stacking/nesting.

Last edited:

outback97

Adventurer
The Treds and Tred Pros would snap and break under that type of flexing. And they don't stack well so doubling them won't work.

I've never seen anyone do testing on them to confirm they'd break if flexed like this, but the Tred Pros I have do stack / nest together well.

snare

Adventurer
So, the jury is still out on the TRED PROs being as brittle as the original TREDS were known to be, it seems.

Keep the pertinent and accurate info coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles