Any new info on tred pros

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
So, the jury is still out on the TRED PROs being as brittle as the original TREDS were known to be, it seems.

Keep the pertinent and accurate info coming.

I've never used the original Treds so can't offer a comparison, but they are definitely more brittle than Maxtrax.

Mo4130

Adventurer
I have had both, and the maxtrax are just the better product end of story. You get what you pay for. They are also bulky.

outback97

Adventurer
So, the jury is still out on the TRED PROs being as brittle as the original TREDS were known to be, it seems.

Keep the pertinent and accurate info coming.

I used my Tred Pros this weekend with success, although it was a pretty easy recovery.

We were camping in the desert at the end of a fairly sandy road and a Honda Element had tried to turn around just down the road from us. The RR wheel was a foot in the air and the LF was digging into the sand. The FR and LR wheels were on the higher bank of the narrow sandy two track.

With a shovel and pair of Treds we got them out fairly easily. One thing I learned is to not let anyone else use them without some supervision... the driver's dad had repositioned one of them (backwards) after we got her out of the initial stuck and didn't dig out under it to get it into position. The driver spun her tire for quite a while on the trailing edge of the Tred and melted some small grooves into it. No effect on the function of them but in the future I will be a little less eager to offer help with these things.

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
I've had mine for a year or so. No issues. Bit of staining and a few rubs. They bend quite well. Far better than Waffle boards or PSP; never used a MaxTrax as they are just crazy money over here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles