Heat for RTT

Cletus26

Adventurer
Personally I could stay in a tent at -30f with just my sleeping bag but the wife is a different story. I've been contemplating a 12v blanket. I have an isolated dual battery system so 12v is a preferable option. I know there's propane options but don't like the idea of suffocation. Let me know what you guys have come up with.

djtc

Adventurer
I usually warm up the autohome with the buddy heater and it holds the heat long enough.I turn it off when I'm ready to sleep. A 12v blanket would be nice as well.

chet6.7

Explorer
I recently bought this 12V heated mattress pad,I have not used it.The electrowarmth has to be secured to the mattress,apparently a wrinkle can have negative results.
In the last month or two,someone posted what a standard 110AC electric blanket consumes,if I was to do it over I would get a regular electric blanket and a good sine wave inverter. I think a low voltage electric blanket can be run off of a 12V battery...that might be worth looking into.

https://www.amazon.com/Mattress-Electrowarmth-Non-Fitted-T36-Campers/dp/B001122SZQ%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-ffcm-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB001122SZQ

[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/2855-Blankets-12-volt-heated-style?highlight=electric+blanket

[/URL]

Last edited:

dcoy

Adventurer
What about the propane forced air systems that Adventure Trailers sells? Anyone have one?

I have the portable Heatsource heater from AT. I use it to heat my Eezi Awn tent on my trailer. It is safe, uses minimal propane and has never drawn down a substantial amount of charge from the battery on the trailer. It is thermostat driven so you you can dial in you level of comfort. It is also a MUST for the wife in the cooler seasons. The only downside is it is pricey, obviously. I did the DIY option when it was somewhat less expensive. Have to consider it an investment.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I have the portable Heatsource heater from AT. I use it to heat my Eezi Awn tent on my trailer. It is safe, uses minimal propane and has never drawn down a substantial amount of charge from the battery on the trailer. It is thermostat driven so you you can dial in you level of comfort. It is also a MUST for the wife in the cooler seasons. The only downside is it is pricey, obviously. I did the DIY option when it was somewhat less expensive. Have to consider it an investment.

Thanks for the info. Here's the real question....if it was stolen would you buy it again? I'm looking for a way to get out earlier in the spring and later in the fall and have been eyeballing the AT model.

dcoy

Adventurer
Thanks for the info. Here's the real question....if it was stolen would you buy it again? I'm looking for a way to get out earlier in the spring and later in the fall and have been eyeballing the AT model.

I think I would buy it again. But I also would lock it to the trailer if unattended as well to keep that from being an issue. It definitely extends the camping season and is nice for mountain camping where it's pretty chilly even in the summer.

dcoy

Adventurer
I think I would buy it again. But I also would lock it to the trailer if unattended as well to keep that from being an issue. It definitely extends the camping season and is nice for mountain camping where it's pretty chilly even in the summer.

Oh yes, failed to notice before, but if we lived in Montana it would be even more indispensable.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I recently bought this 12V heated mattress pad,I have not used it.The electrowarmth has to be secured to the mattress,apparently a wrinkle can have negative results.
In the last month or two,someone posted what a standard 110AC electric blanket consumes,if I was to do it over I would get a regular electric blanket and a good sine wave inverter. I think a low voltage electric blanket can be run off of a 12V battery...that might be worth looking into.

https://www.amazon.com/Mattress-Electrowarmth-Non-Fitted-T36-Campers/dp/B001122SZQ%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-ffcm-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB001122SZQ

[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/2855-Blankets-12-volt-heated-style?highlight=electric+blanket

[/URL]

Interesting. Now which 110ac blanket would be best

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz