looking for side entry dry bath camper with a slide

the_owl

Hello all, I abandoned the dedicated truck with a shell idea because I just wont have the time to do that.
Ill sometimes pull a trailer so Im looking for a side entry camper. Weight isnt too big of a deal I have a 6.7l dually dodge.
Departure angle isnt a factor, we are more of the trailhead camper family. Mountain bikes and RZRs.
Ive found the Host Yukon and the Lance 1191. Both of which seem really big! What else is out there with side entry and dry bath? Slide would be nice but not necessary. Looking for used since we just picked up a 2017 43' Toyhauler.

the_owl

Doesnt seem like the side entry's are affordable enough for me on those eagle Caps.
I want to be in the 15k range. The host is kind of a bear since you cant do anything until the slide is out. The Lance 1191 allows Bathroom access and a few other quickies. I guess Ive answered my own question unless anyone knows any others? thanks

thedavidzoo

Check out Northstar 12' STC. Probably won't find one used yet. Side entry, dry bath, is huge inside even without a slide, lots of storage inside, and does not have a basement, which we find a plus!

motrhed

Observer
Side entry slide in

We have been looking at what was available in a larger side entry truck camper. The majority of our camping is backcountry random camping on poor roads sometimes towing an enclosed trailer full of toys. Our current camper is of high quality and design but is no longer built so getting a new larger one is out of the question. My focus is on quality of build, lay-out, and useable storage.
There is not a huge choice out there for side entry truck campers but this is what I have found.
I have done extensive research and have found the quality of workmanship/design/materials/fittings to be wanting on the Lance, Eagle Cap, S&S, and Adventurer brands. I was most impressed by Host and toured their factory in the fall of 2015 to see their build process for myself. Their aluminum frame design and choice of materials such as windows, appliances, fittings, insulation, finishes, etc. is of higher quality than most of their competitors. They also have multiple side entry models to fit differing requirements. They are definitely not the cheapest on the market but the quality is worth the added investment (in my opinion).

the_owl

Something tells me Ill have a hard time sliding that in my bed. Thats pretty much what im looking for though

wirenut

Adventurer
I have an '03 Fleetwood Elkhord 11x. It's an 11' camper with a side entry and a dry bath but no slide. I think Fleetwood's Caribou line had a slide. I've owned it for 8 years and it has served my family well.
Lance 1161 is a side entry dry bath with a slide.

zb39

Adventurer
Here is my new Host mammoth. I can have all 3 slide outs in or out in 10 seconds. Yes they are that fast, all 3 switches right by the door. WE LOVE IT!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 51

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Here is my new Host mammoth. I can have all 3 slide outs in or out in 10 seconds. Yes they are that fast, all 3 switches right by the door. WE LOVE IT!!!!

Is it just me, or is there a toilet in the living room???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles