2003 Chevy Suburban 2500 LT build

calsdad

Curious about what part of them doesnt fit? is it the width of the unit or something to do with the back extra flex joint on the back side?
I’m curious about adding them to my 04 2500.

Hi bigdog, sorry for the tardy reply - I have to setup my email preferences to receive alerts or something - I never saw the message.

So when I tried to get them to fit on my 2003 Suburuban 2500 - what I found was that the Sulastic shackle pivot point - sticks out rearward from the spring. The shackle hanger mount which is bolted to the frame has "lips" on it , probably to give it strength from bending away from the frame. The Sulastic pivot point was too wide - or the lip on the hanger mount is too wide (depends which way you look at it ) - and the pivot point hits the lip on the hanger.

I could take some pics and post when I get a chance. I'm still planning on installing the Sulastics on my truck - I just have to do a little work to make them fit. I'm going to cut away the lips on the hangers enough so the Sulastics will clear - and then weld on a reinforcement at the bottom of the hanger so they don't bend.

I might be missing something - but I've looked at these on two different trucks and I see the same problem on both.

The issue is not present on the Silverado/Sierra 2500/3500 trucks because the frame is different and the hangers on the frame have enough clearance. The 2500 SUV frame is it's own beast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior