2003 Chevy Suburban 2500 LT build

Burb One

Adventurer
Awesome rig! Looking forward to seeing your bumper choice and a RTT!

Pretty sure all leafspring 14 bolts are the full float. For the 14 bolts, if it's rear coil then it's semi float, if it's leaf it's full. I guess the other option is to check:) I'm pretty sure this rig has the full float. The profile of the carrier is much lower than my semi-float.

boss324

Observer
I am eying the ARB bull bar bumper it's beast but probably looking at a Tepui Kekenum XL in orange and black first. Looking at Craigslist to swap my roof rack to the Z71 roof rack... So many deals out there so might be picking up the Z71 nerf bars too..lol

boss324

Observer
Lol I had to check my RPO code in my glove box this was driving me nuts! GT5 - 4.10 gears, G80 - G80 gov-lock, torsion front springs, 10.5" FF, leaf rears, 9900-lb hydroboost brakes - JH6) has the five pack - four with the overload spring.

boss324

Observer
Oh yeah I run my tire around 38psi front 45psi rears to keep the ride decent. It's a truck and rides that way. That is why one of my items I do install is the Silastic shackles to hopefully ride like a half ton. The Fox shocks and UCA really help calm the harshness on road and in the rough stuff. To be honest I only recently did the rears so I'll report back once I do a couple runs in it. It's been my experience the burb is just slower off road well compared to my buddies FJ cruiser..Lol 3x slower that thing moves out! So did you crank the torsion bars on your burb?

Ramblejam

Observer
Pretty sure all leafspring 14 bolts are the full float. For the 14 bolts, if it's rear coil then it's semi float, if it's leaf it's full.
The semi-float was used in the H2 (coils), but also across the "non-hd" leaf-spring spectrum.
Lol I had to check my RPO code in my glove box this was driving me nuts! GT5 - 4.10 gears, G80 - G80 gov-lock, torsion front springs, 10.5" FF, leaf rears, 9900-lb hydroboost brakes - JH6) has the five pack - four with the overload spring.
Have the same RPO on my Suburban (w/9.5 semi-float). When you get a spare moment, pop a center-cap off either rear wheel, take a picture (of the mounted wheel, not the removed cap) and post it here.

PGW

Observer
The axle pictured above is 100% a 9.5" 14 bolt. The 10.5" axles as far as I know only came in the 8.1L GMT800 2500 SUV's while the 6.0L 2500 SUV's got the 9.5. I have seen some GMT900 2500 SUV's that have the 10.5" axle as well. The 10.5" axle will have a six bolt removal pinion support, that is probably the easiest way to tell other than the overall shape which is more diamond like on the 10.5".

boss324

Observer
Oh man this excersize is good. PGW I've been reading slot of contradicting information. Now one way to know for sure is pull the end caps like a previous poster stated..Another way is...
To put in a call to my Chevy dealer and the parts guys looked up based on the
Last 8 digits of my VIN RPO came up as follow GT5 - 4.10, G80 - Gov-lock and 9.5" semi-float no RPO code for this. Thanks all! Hopefully helps anyone else wondering what they have.

01BURB

I stated wrong on mine yesterday. I have the FF 14 Bolt 10.5" in my suburban with 8.1L, howeveer my Duramax has the 11.5" FF 14 Bolt

Jelorian

Adventurer
All you guys with your 14 bolts! Feh!

Hahaha...j/k! I'm just jealous and will probably will do a swap to a 14 bolt SF if and when my 10 bolt grenades itself.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Nice rig, I think I'm going to replace some of my parts with the cognito parts. Looks great, added functionality. My shocks are awesome now, I am just going to add spacers and go with that. 285s are a needed addition.

boss324

Observer
Looking at replacing my OE tie rods with some Rare Parts Heavy Duty tie rods for 01-2010 HD GM trucks and SUV. I see these in the very near future! 1/2 inch stock rods to 1.5" yeah beefier:) was going to go with the Kryptonite setup for the lifetime warranty but Rare Parts VAR Alligator performance stated they also have a lifetime warranty. Plus their corporate headquarters is about 20 miles from me in Stockton!

Heavy_Duty_Tie_Rod_Assemblies_new03.jpg

$_57.jpg

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
Hey is that a plate under your fuel tank? Is that a stock part or aftermarket? Been working up ideas to fabricate a plate for my 32gal tank in my k1500. But if one already exists ...

20161203_162645_zpsyfqysidc.jpg

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Looking at replacing my OE tie rods with some Rare Parts Heavy Duty tie rods for 01-2010 HD GM trucks and SUV. I see these in the very near future! 1/2 inch stock rods to 1.5" yeah beefier:) was going to go with the Kryptonite setup for the lifetime warranty but Rare Parts VAR Alligator performance stated they also have a lifetime warranty. Plus their corporate headquarters is about 20 miles from me in Stockton!

Heavy_Duty_Tie_Rod_Assemblies_new03.jpg

$_57.jpg

Sweet. I have been taking notes for future front end upgrades when my OE stuff wears. My stuff is all still tight so I might have to justify it as preventative maintenance. Haha Thanks for sharing.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Opps. just noticed...HD. No good to me. However, cognito makes lovely versions of them so I will just get a complete setup from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz