Anybody want to sell a ARRL Ham Radio License Manual?

Nomads365

A Most Adventurous Couple
I know the OP didn't ask for this but if anyone wants the previous edition (4th, current is 5th) of the ARRL General Study Guide just PM an address and I'll get it mailed to you gratis.
Sure, I'll take it. Much obliged. Somebody said in an earlier post I should just study both the tech and general and take both the tests, so that's my plan. I''ll grab up update to this one on one of the test phone apps. Thanks!

mjac

Adventurer
Hah! I worked scoring at the IB 5000. Seems us IBA folks are everywhere! :) Wish I could make the pizza party some year, but it's gonna have to wait until after retirement.

LOL. Small world. Where you in Denver or the finish in Spartanburg? Greg Roberts scored me in Denver and Dale Wilson in Spartanburg.

These days I split my time between TN and Fl but make a point to be in Fl around pizza time.

Edit: I just noticed where you are. Where you at the 2011 IBR start in Seattle?

mjac

Adventurer
Maybe I can coax him into coming up one weekend to camp at Jay's.

EDIT: just left him a voicemail. I'm trying to remember the last time he stopped by the lab here. Gotta me more than 5 years ago; he was on his way somewhere and we grabbed lunch.
I may have gotten him to join the forum back then too.

He has changed bikes over the last few years. He might be back on a Wing again for all I know. Anyway coax away. It would be a hoot to see him on a trail with a bike :)

Nomads365

LOL. Small world. Where you in Denver or the finish in Spartanburg? Greg Roberts scored me in Denver and Dale Wilson in Spartanburg.

Edit: I just noticed where you are. Where you at the 2011 IBR start in Seattle?

I scored in Denver (easier to get to from this coast). I was at the 2007 finish in St. Louis before that, and rode home with Ken Morton after he rode the rally (his 2nd). Yes, I was at the start in Seattle, too. Ken and I rode up (along with Eric V.). After the start we all rode back here to Vancouver, then Ken, Eric and Giel K. (who later bought my '06 FJR) took of for SLC for the 10n10 rally. Ken died riding during the rally. He and I were close friends, living only a few miles apart, and riding to numerous LD-events thru the years. I miss my friend.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Sorry about Ken ---- that sort of thing stings for a long time. My friend Bev crashed and passed on her way home from ride to Daytona.

Do you guys know Sheila Winnie? Here she is with Greg at Wingstock 2006

100_1146.jpg

Wingstock slide show --- quite a few IBA members in here including Yellow Wolf (Rick Peppin) that did 1000 miles in one night just on Deals Gap.

...now I'm really jones'n for a bike again...

Nomads365

No, doesn't sound familiar, but there's a lot of east coast folks I don't know. I never did any of the east coast rallies, but have met a few of the folks at IBR finishes or national meets, and Cognoscente events. A few more of the old-timers at White Stag in Beatty NV that attended for many years before Tom stopping doing it.

mjac

Adventurer
I scored in Denver (easier to get to from this coast). I was at the 2007 finish in St. Louis before that, and rode home with Ken Morton after he rode the rally (his 2nd). Yes, I was at the start in Seattle, too. Ken and I rode up (along with Eric V.). After the start we all rode back here to Vancouver, then Ken, Eric and Giel K. (who later bought my '06 FJR) took of for SLC for the 10n10 rally. Ken died riding during the rally. He and I were close friends, living only a few miles apart, and riding to numerous LD-events thru the years. I miss my friend.

I am not sure if I ever met Ken but I have read many, many of his posts. Sorry for your and all of our loss.

I was at the St Louis start to see my friend and mentor Rick Martin off in '07. He also rode in '05 and his bike, a Yamaha FJR, did a 3rd IBR with Chris McGaffin aboard in '09.

I have met Eric here and there and rode several miles along with Cletha in 2011.

Man, this is going down memory lane.

mjac

Adventurer
Sorry about Ken ---- that sort of thing stings for a long time. My friend Bev crashed and passed on her way home from ride to Daytona.

100_1146.jpg

Wingstock slide show --- quite a few IBA members in here including Yellow Wolf (Rick Peppin) that did 1000 miles in one night just on Deals Gap.

...now I'm really jones'n for a bike again...

Yep, I met her somewhere, sometime ago.

Jones no more. I have '08 Wing and a '08 RT waiting for a new home. Both Rally ready, minus a aux tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles