Anybody want to sell a ARRL Ham Radio License Manual?

LR Max

Local Oaf
I've got Gordo's manual. I can probably ship it to you for whatever it costs to ship it. That plus online testing is what I used for studying.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Use your Google-**** and search for material. Get your license, find some Elmers, learn more hands-on. Advice: take an extra week of studying and go straight for your General. You never know when the HF will come in handy and it's really not all that hard once you get all the basics crammed in your brain.

BTW, I was an LD Rider too at one time. Arn Butt Bill....
Still drool when I see a kitted-out bike sucking up the miles.

One of my old bikes as we were leaving Yellowstone for south Florida (36 hours).

e-ConnieinWY.jpg

arnbutplate.jpg

Nomads365

A Most Adventurous Couple
I've got Gordo's manual. I can probably ship it to you for whatever it costs to ship it. That plus online testing is what I used for studying.
Thanks for the offer, think I'll stick with the online resources listed here in the replies. I should have done a bit more searching, I didn't realize there were so many available.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Good to see another IBA member here! I've got numerous certs under my riding belt, including a BBG, a Saddlesore 7k and the 48+++.
I did my BBG with Greg Rice in Florida ---- we thought it would be really simple, a ride in the park....
We were zipping along fine until we got to Alabama and found out that the I-10 bridge was half gone from a recent hurricane. Slowed us down quite a bit but we motored on.
Then we had a dead stop on I-75 in Gainesville. A jumper on the overpass with a rifle in her hands. We had to wait until she jumped; Fire Rescue caught her in mid jump from a truss under the bridge. We all clapped...
Made it back to Davie, FL with 47 minutes to spare.

This is me calling my wife from podunk Alabama on that ride:

Bill-on-phone-BBG-12-04.jpg

Greg's other rides --- http://www.gregrice.com/rides/rides.html

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've met Greg. Rode with him a bit when he led a group from Florida to Prudhoe Bay AK. I was riding independently but met up by chance when the AK Hwy was closed due to a washout. He was on a brand new Wing at the time.
It's funny how we met.
We lived 10 minutes from each other, had the same circle of friends, same riding habits, but never met.

Then one day while my wife and I were on our way home from a 2 week ride we bumped into him at Deal's Gap. He snapped this picture of us, we chatted, found out how close we lived to each other, and a long friendship started. It was back in the days when Deal's Gap was quiet and fun to ride.
I tried giving him a hand (free labor) when he opened a motorcycle aftermarket shop --- I installed a few cb radios in bikes, etc. But the store never really took off.
Very nice guy and very competent rider.

e-BillMirtesMairgoldatDealsGap.jpg

mjac

Adventurer
When you guys next see Greg, ask him about the end of day two of the IB 5000, The fuel log for SLC to Denver leg was quite entertaining at the scoring table.
I hope to see him in Daytona at Stavros Pizza again this year.

Mike

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nomads365

A Most Adventurous Couple
When you guys next see Greg, ask him about the end of day two of the IB 5000, The fuel log for SLC to Denver leg was quite entertaining at the scoring table.
Hah! I worked scoring at the IB 5000. Seems us IBA folks are everywhere! :) Wish I could make the pizza party some year, but it's gonna have to wait until after retirement.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society

Mike
Maybe I can coax him into coming up one weekend to camp at Jay's.

EDIT: just left him a voicemail. I'm trying to remember the last time he stopped by the lab here. Gotta me more than 5 years ago; he was on his way somewhere and we grabbed lunch.
I may have gotten him to join the forum back then too.

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I know the OP didn't ask for this but if anyone wants the previous edition (4th, current is 5th) of the ARRL General Study Guide just PM an address and I'll get it mailed to you gratis.

IMG_0985_mid.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier