Anyone have a Moonlander for sale?

p nut

butter
I'm not sure if this is ok to post here, but if not, please move it to the classifieds. It seems the "motorcycle/bike" classifieds is just filled with moto stuff.
_
Anyway, I'm looking for a Moonlander, in size Medium. Anyone have one for sale? If interested, I have a Warbird (Al) and/or Blackborow as a trade.
_
Main reason for this is for framebag space. Blackborow has been a nice bike, but I just need more frame room. I'll be adding on some heft and taking away rim options, but I think it'll be a net positive.

High Country Nomad

Mountain Explorer
I'm not sure if this is ok to post here, but if not, please move it to the classifieds. It seems the "motorcycle/bike" classifieds is just filled with moto stuff.
_
Anyway, I'm looking for a Moonlander, in size Medium. Anyone have one for sale? If interested, I have a Warbird (Al) and/or Blackborow as a trade.
_
Main reason for this is for framebag space. Blackborow has been a nice bike, but I just need more frame room. I'll be adding on some heft and taking away rim options, but I think it'll be a net positive.

I saw a few on www.pinkbike.com last week.

p nut

butter
Thanks. I saw a few on there as well. They all want too much for them right now, though. With Surly's current sale they've got going on, you can get a frameset and 2 rims for ~$450. I could build up a new bike cheaper than what most of them are asking. I think my local shop has one for fairly cheap as well.

Sisyphus

Adventurer
Make sure you buy a 2014 model or newer as they had the frame saver paint done on the inside of the frame from then on.

deuxdiesel

Observer
I'm sure you are aware of the Pugsley as well, just curious as to why you are looking for a ML over a Pugs? Obviously tire clearance is greater on the ML, but the amount of offset built into the ML frame makes for some interesting wheel builds. Being able to swap front and rear wheels is an advantage on either bike, but it was pretty hard to find a ML offset fork (most are symmetrical), so that is why I stuck with the Pugs for most of my builds, plus being able to do the KramPug swap is nice. I still drool over the original ML sparkle grey frames, though!

p nut

butter
deux - It's due to tire clearance, nothing more. I need that extra float on probably 1/2 of my rides, so need big tires like Bud/Lou (not impressed with the 2XL's).
_
Wheel swap is a nice option, but not a deal-breaker for me. I've never busted a FH, fortunately. I'll probably end up going with DT hubs and Sarma carbon rims, which should be a bomb-proof set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles