ImNoSaint's 2.5 Thread

Imnosaint

Adventurer
Welcome back Saint! I always enjoy following your builds. This one looks like it's shaping up to be another great one!

Thanks. I'm taking a little different approach on this one.

Great job..........as always :)

Thank you.

$18, huh? Cheap enough i'll steal that idea as a stopgap until i get a new bumper. Great idea and thanks for sharing!

You can find them here.

Your projects are, as ever, inspirational. Nicely done!

BTW, I may have forgotten to welcome you back to the Mitsu family. Glad to see you in that great rig!

Thanks. Glad to see you're still on here as well.

What size safari nets are you using for the rear partition and the overhead? I like that setup better than my current one.

Both Safari Straps nets are 41"X28".

Pretty sweet reverse light upgrade.

Care to share a couple pics of them in action?

Thanks. I'll shoot and post some this evening.

I may have found motivation to finally install my bumper lights that have been sitting for 2 years, looks good!

Thank you.

Imnosaint

Adventurer
Pretty sweet reverse light upgrade.

Care to share a couple pics of them in action?

beam pics ? :D

Tough to be scientific about these, but for reference they were taken at 400 ASA at 1/8 of a second at an f8, the closest exposure I could find within a reasonable ASA to what my eye was seeing. Focal length is 21mm on a APS-C sensor.

DSCF4632.jpg

DSCF4633.jpg

jaccox23

Adventurer
1.jpg2.jpg
For those wondering about the Safari nets. I made my own out of some nylon strapping i bought off of amazon for like $7 and then some assorted hardware maybe $15 for hanging it and about 3 hours of measuring, sewing and installing and it was a done deal. Not trying to step on toes about buying some original safari nets I just know they were kind of steep on the price compared to the one I made plus making something like that is always really cool to show off and say you made. So far loving the progress of this 2.5 keep up the great work

Imnosaint

Adventurer
View attachment 390324View attachment 390325
For those wondering about the Safari nets. I made my own out of some nylon strapping i bought off of amazon for like $7 and then some assorted hardware maybe $15 for hanging it and about 3 hours of measuring, sewing and installing and it was a done deal. Not trying to step on toes about buying some original safari nets I just know they were kind of steep on the price compared to the one I made plus making something like that is always really cool to show off and say you made. So far loving the progress of this 2.5 keep up the great work

I think that's great. Do you have a serger? Another plus to DYI is more exact dimensions to your interior. The Safari Straps are expensive, +$90 if I recall. I had these leftover from a previous build. (Really like your side lighting, too.)

jaccox23

Adventurer
Nope no serger. Just a plain Jane sewing machine. And I understand having them left over I almost bought some myself then i convinced myself that i could relearn sewing enough to make some myself. i sewed a square with an X in the middle for all the connections to ensure it would stay together. I pulled and pulled on it but couldn't get it to break, so i told myself it was good enough for blankets and pillows if I couldn't break it. Yea I thought the montero really lacked interior lighting so i changed all the bulbs to LED and still thought the middle row lacked light so i bought two 4" marine lights and put them in there and they really light it up. I also put an 8" strip on the bottom of the brake light on the top of the door in case i needed light back there with the door open at anytime or if i ever decided to make a fold down table from there.

Imnosaint

Adventurer
Interior LED Conversion

DSCF4634.jpg

At nineteen years-old, there are some old oxidized electrical connections that don't, um, connect. Maybe conduct is a better word for it. When I started sorting out the 2.5 the only lamps that worked in the interior were the front door courtesy lights. With everything apart I cleaned contacts and wiggled switches and got all the circuits illuminated, but the interior was still pretty dark.

LED.jpg

I ordered ten 31mm 12SMD LED lamps and replaced all the tungsten lamps and now it feels like a full moon inside.

DSCF4637.jpg

DSCF4635.jpg

This really improved the cargo area lighting, though I think I'll add a couple of inline fixtures just above the sliding windows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles