Yeti Lawsuit

thefishhawk

Adventurer
lol, close...Grizzly is the rebranding of Iowa Plastics cooler. Coolers are made here but the drinkware is still imported.

(I only laugh because I'm from Iowa and every once in awhile I hear the Idaho-Iowa confusion. It's all the same to you easterners ha ;-) )

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
all this tumbler talk :) my daily tea cup is titanium and made in Japan :)

I do want to get one of those tumblers from somewhere sometime though :)

perterra

Adventurer
If someone can find me a stainless tumbler that is made is America please send me the link... They do not exist... The process to make them is expensive and for that reason they are all made in China, so I will continue to buy which ever is cheapest and that would be the ones from Wal-Mart. Who cares about coolers they are not expo, you need a fridge to be expo.

Its actually not all that expensive, just why would you tool up to do it when you can buy them for less than a buck in China.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...7767018.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.ybf0Js&s=p

PHeller

Adventurer
If someone can find me a stainless tumbler that is made is America please send me the link... They do not exist... The process to make them is expensive and for that reason they are all made in China, so I will continue to buy which ever is cheapest and that would be the ones from Wal-Mart. Who cares about coolers they are not expo, you need a fridge to be expo.

Not yet and that dumb handle makes it useless for a vehicle.

And also probably not made in America.

See these on AliExpress

I guess my thought on the topic is that of the changing ways of manufacturer, marketing and global trade. I can't stand when manufacturers buy stuff from Chinese wholesalers, jack the price up 10 times the amount, and then do everything in their power to bash the original manufacturers when it's very obvious they are just reselling stuff. I see it all the time in the world of bicycles. If you're adding value to a product in terms of warranty or service, then say so, and if consumer wants to save a few bucks, wait a few weeks, and not have a warranty to buy the same thing from Alibaba, then so be it. When you bash the "imitations that aren't" you are also bashing the consumer.

I've bought tons of Chinese stuff, but in the end its service and the ability to bring new stuff to the market that sells me as a return customer. Simon from Convoy Flashlights (18650 LED torchs) on AliExpress is a perfect example of this. Consumers ask for new drivers, better color LED, new features, and he usually has new products for sale within a few months. If you have an issue with your torch, he'll try to solve the problem. He's Chinese, yes, but his level of service is far better than most costing 4x his prices.

Last edited:

mattgass

I think a lot of people support the lawsuit because "yetis are made in America" but if you actually read their website only the rotomolded stuff is made in the US, the rest is made in china in probably the same factory as their competitors

yetis are rotomolded in the Philippines as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior