Yeti Lawsuit

eaneumann

Adventurer
I'm amazed it took this long. While I agree the Yeti coolers are crazy expensive, so are the copies. I never understood why people were buying exact copies. Good job Yeti.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
the drinkware in said lawsuit though is BS, all metal tumbler look and perform nearly exactly the same. Thats why I own 2 walmart brand 30 oz tumblers

GoodEnoughforGabe

Adventurer
I agree with the lawsuit on the coolers, but the tumblers are BS.. so many different companies have tumblers simple in design to Yeti... You can't prosecute them on the design of a metal friggin cup, nothing special about it.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I agree with the lawsuit on the coolers, but the tumblers are BS.. so many different companies have tumblers simple in design to Yeti... You can't prosecute them on the design of a metal friggin cup, nothing special about it.

I think a lot of people support the lawsuit because "yetis are made in America" but if you actually read their website only the rotomolded stuff is made in the US, the rest is made in china in probably the same factory as their competitors

Happykamper

Explorer
Rock on yeti !! And I call BS on your Walmart brand keeping hot drinks hot the same as yeti and cold drinks cold the same !! Not even close in most cases ! That's why independent reviewers and just real life users .fork over the $$$ . Stanley ... No! And on and on !

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Rock on yeti !! And I call BS on your Walmart brand keeping hot drinks hot the same as yeti and cold drinks cold the same !! Not even close in most cases ! That's why independent reviewers and just real life users .fork over the $$$ . Stanley ... No! And on and on !

Please try to educate yourself on a topic BEFORE you spew out ignorance via your keyboard, there are numerous reviews comparing both the RTIC and Ozark Trail(walmart) coolers and tumblers to the Yeti version with pictures and video to support it.

Last edited:

MOguy

Explorer

I know a few people who have both Yeti and Ozark (walmart) tumblers. With cold some say there is no difference others say the Ozarks is better, none say Yeti is better. With hot drinks my Yeti is no stellar performer, it works better than a coffee mug but at least I can but my coffee mug in the microwave to warm it back up.

Yeti is overcharging for their product. They can over charge all they want. If they own the rights that should be protected, if not let the market decide.

Last edited:

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Yeti is overcharging for their product.
Same business model as UnderArmour and dozens of others. Get to market early with something slightly different, hype the hell out of it to create buzz, then charge a premium because it is "special." Lots of lower cost alternatives to UnderArmour that work just as well (5.11, Champion, etc.). Lots of lower cost alternatives to Yeti that work just as well, but you don't have to pay the premium for all the hype.

kmacafee

Adventurer
Please try to educate yourself on a topic BEFORE you spew out ignorance via your keyboard, there are numerous reviews comparing both the RTIC and Ozark Trail(walmart) coolers and tumblers to the Yeti version with pictures and video to support it.

And I have seen several comparison articles in which Yeti coolers are not the winners. I know there are many people loyal to that brand but no soft sided cooler is worth $300 +.

The Artisan

Adventurer
I have to disagree. I have both the ozark trail and the yeti. I take my Ozark when we go to resorts in Mexico as they are cheaper if lost or damaged. They perform the same. The yeti has a better sealing lid is all.
As far as the coolers go, RITC should have changed the design a little and the color and would not have been that big if an issue IMO. Compared to YETI...
Kevin

Ziv

Observer
I have purchased coolers from Canyon, RTIC and YETI. The YETI is the first one I purchased and performs well, but it was no better than the others. The YETI is the only one that I had buyers remorse, if you grade on price/performance/value. I have not bought another YETI product. On a positive note, I traded the YETI for a very nice canoe …

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Got one of the smaller CI (walmart) hard side coolers and compared it to a friends same size yeti from his bass fishing boat. The wm cooler performed exactly the same as the yeti. Used one bag of gas station ice, left them outside in the same place, same temps for the same amount of time. Same with the cheap wm tumblers. Guess some people need to make themselves feel better about that overpriced "YETI" logo they purchased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier