Speedmaster Traction Tracks...any experience or info?

cycleman4

Adventure seeker
Anyone have any clever mounting ideas for a bar type attachment? There is no good place on these to drill a hole without going through one of the lugs.

sstan

The Speedmaster could be an alternative to both at 1/4 the price of the Maxtrax and 1/2 the price of the Maxsa. At just under $80 for a pair, I'm not holding my breath, but who knows, maybe we'll all get pleasantly surprised. No real world reviews out there yet except for a vid from some guys up in Ontario

There are a few reviews here https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/speedmasters-traction-tracks.4857/

They are still available on Speedmasters website but not Amazon and at a higher price on Ebay. I ordered a pair last night. With all of the snow we have in the Sierras it won't be long before I can try them out.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Too bad it's not on amazon. It was priced around $77 shipped. Hence why I wanted a review before price went up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jelorian

Adventurer
But at that price, they're damn near disposable. I wouldn't care about spinning tires and ruining one

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Absolutely agree with you. I have one set already and just ordered another directly from Speedmasters.

There are a few reviews here https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/speedmasters-traction-tracks.4857/

They are still available on Speedmasters website but not Amazon and at a higher price on Ebay. I ordered a pair last night. With all of the snow we have in the Sierras it won't be long before I can try them out.

Yup....I started that thread...and the reviews are trickling in. All positive so far so looking good. Just gotta see if they break or become brittle after prolonged exposure to the sun.

Too bad it's not on amazon. It was priced around $77 shipped. Hence why I wanted a review before price went up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered directly from them. Came out to just over $83 including tax and free UPS ground shipping. No longer on Amazon, so I guess this is the only way to get them for now.

Still at the $77 price to boot. On Amazon I heard it jumped to $87.

sstan

I ordered mine on 3/5 on the company website, received an email on 3/7 that it had shipped. I called them today to track the order and was told they were out of stock. The website is showing in stock at $103 today. They blamed the "computer". I got my money back from Paypal. Buyer beware.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
I ordered mine on 3/5 on the company website, received an email on 3/7 that it had shipped. I called them today to track the order and was told they were out of stock. The website is showing in stock at $103 today. They blamed the "computer". I got my money back from Paypal. Buyer beware.

Figures. They even advertise price guarantee and now price jump because of all the orders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jelorian

Adventurer

I placed an order for a 2nd pair on 3/2. Got a similar email saying that it shipped. When I emailed them to check status on shipping I got the same reply that they were out of stock and that my card had been refunded.

Said they got huge rush in demand for them all of a sudden. No idea if it was because of my posts here and on the overlandbound forums, but who knows.

I just emailed them about the price increase so we'll see what they say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94