Speedmaster Traction Tracks...any experience or info?

Jelorian

Adventurer
I made a similar post on Overlandbound. I've been doing research on the different traction aids that are out there and came across these by Speedmasters.

PCE561.1002_cr.jpg

I have no experience with these and no affiliation with the company. Just wanted to pass along some info.

Currently they are currently 25% off the normal price of $103 on their own website and on Amazon.com.

You are basically getting a PAIR for around $77.50 SHIPPED!!

The Speedmaster company is based in CA and makes a lot of performance parts for many different applications. The company has had several Best of SEMA awards for their products.

I'm going to order a pair and see how they perform.

I know...I know...you get what you pay for. Buy once, cry once. I get it.

However, at the price they are being offered, they would pay for themselves the first time they get me unstuck even if they split down the middle or break or melt.

If they suck, then I'll reach out to Speedmasters and see where they stand on supporting their product. Worst case scenario is that I'm out $77.50.

I, for one would definitely post on these forums and give my more than honest opinion of their product and company, whether negative or positive.

If they survive more than several recoveries then I would say they are good to go for the price. As for the long term, we'll just have to see.

Not much out there in terms of real world reviews.

I found one youtube review on them by some guys based in Ontario, CA.

Anyone have them already?

I found this video. Pretty recent, two weeks ago. I know nothing about recovery boards other than I'd like to have a set. These guys keep saying the boards don't bend, but You can see them bend in the video. They don't seem to baby the boards any, but was hoping the see any damage. For $77 and change, I just may have to order a set.

https://youtu.be/MPoe7n5eB-k

Jelorian

Adventurer
I found this video. Pretty recent, two weeks ago. I know nothing about recovery boards other than I'd like to have a set. These guys keep saying the boards don't bend, but You can see them bend in the video. They don't seem to baby the boards any, but was hoping the see any damage. For $77 and change, I just may have to order a set.

https://youtu.be/MPoe7n5eB-k

Yup...same video I saw.

I actually ordered a set. If they perform well and seem durable, I'll probably order several sets. At that price point, it's a no brainer.

I'm just hoping that Speedmasters made a quality traction aid.

I guess we'll see when I get mine.

donrafa7

For a cheap maxtrax alternative try MAXSA, I have a pair and they are great. check out the reviews on amazon

Jelorian

Adventurer
For a cheap maxtrax alternative try MAXSA, I have a pair and they are great. check out the reviews on amazon

The Speedmaster could be an alternative to both at 1/4 the price of the Maxtrax and 1/2 the price of the Maxsa. At just under $80 for a pair, I'm not holding my breath, but who knows, maybe we'll all get pleasantly surprised. No real world reviews out there yet except for a vid from some guys up in Ontario

PJorgen

Desert Dweller
The Speedmaster logo was pretty prominent in the video, I bet they sponsored it. I look forward to some independent reviews from you guys.

Jelorian

Adventurer
Received mine last night. Initial impressions are positive. Good hand holds. Holes for recovery lanyards or for staking them down. Very aggressive tread pattern. Easily stackable.

Unfortunately I can't test them as I'll be out of town till March.

I hope someone else will be able to put them through its paces and leave some feedback.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Someone try them out so I can order a set before prices go up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycleman4

Adventure seeker
Just ordered a set and heading to Death Valley in a few weeks. Hope I don't have to use them but if I do I will post a report.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I'd like to know their durability too. I know if you spin tires on the nubs of all traction aids they tend to melt but I'm wondering if the plastic would crack under heavy vehicle in sand or something. Usually when they cut prices down it's in the material quality itself, that's the only reason I'm hesitant.

AaronK

Explorer
But at that price, they're damn near disposable. I wouldn't care about spinning tires and ruining one

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior