Mitz Fuso FG Insurance- California Recommendations

dlh62c

Explorer
The stated the access from the cab to the rear.

Progressive initially insured me then revoked it

So with a cab to camper pass-though, Progessive thinks your going to seat passengers in the camper cabin?

Was there any talk about annual mileage limits?

I take it, at this point, you'll settle for any type of coverage you can get, just to get the wheels rolling.

Its not unheard of, to pay your money, get a policy confirmation letter and then have corporate send you a letter 3 months into a 6 month policy cancelling coverage. I had that that happen on a boat once, its seems a 20' Jet boat with 320hp fell outside their coverage limits.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
The stated the access from the cab to the rear.

Progressive initially insured me then revoked it

Huh.

I've got full coverage on ours, with Progressive. No issues here.

Access from cab to rear being a problem makes absolutely no sense to me, every single class B out there is the same way.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I've had my FG insured with American Family as a motorhome for at least 7 or 8 years. I made a claim on the camper roof recently since we had a hailstorm which badly dented it. I got an e-mail from my agent today saying he had been instructed to stop insuring it as a motorhome and insure it as a camper. In reading between the lines I understood that he was having difficulty doing this. Not sure what exactly the problem is but I anticipate getting an e-mail in the near future saying he can't do it. So I'll be looking for an alternative.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I've had my FG insured with American Family as a motorhome for at least 7 or 8 years. I made a claim on the camper roof recently since we had a hailstorm which badly dented it. I got an e-mail from my agent today saying he had been instructed to stop insuring it as a motorhome and insure it as a camper. In reading between the lines I understood that he was having difficulty doing this. Not sure what exactly the problem is but I anticipate getting an e-mail in the near future saying he can't do it. So I'll be looking for an alternative.

What are the differences in the definitions?

I'd be curious as to the outcome of this, please keep us updated.

kerry

Expedition Leader
I've exchanged a couple of more e-mails with him. Still not clear. (his native language is chinese so sometimes the grammatical construction is odd) But I am now under the impression he switched the policy to a bumper-pull trailer. I sent him a picture to make sure we are on the same page. I'm afraid this may not turn out well given my experiences with insurance companies. I think the insurance company might be thinking that if the camper part was insured separately they would have totaled it and gotten away without paying for a new roof but since it was valued as a whole vehicle they had to spring for a new roof. The guy is a good agent though and will go to bat for us if possible.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Talked the agent's office today. Indeed, massive confusion is occurring. They had re-insured it as either a pickup camper(just the camper) or a bumper pull trailer. Even after explaining the vehicle and sending them a picture, I was asked whether I still owned my 1999 Mitisbushi Fuso FG utility trailer. Hopefully my conversation moved the situation towards a resolution. I still retain a healthy dose of skepticism concerning a good resolution.

kerry

Expedition Leader
The CO vehicle registration says TK (truck I think). I told the insurance company it was a motorhome when I purchased and insured it 9 years ago. I assumed they did a VIN look up when they insured it since I think that is pretty standard.

Last edited:

kerry

Expedition Leader
Agent's secretary just forwarded me an exchange between her and the corporate office. Truck and camper must be insured separately with the truck on an auto policy. If the auto policy doesn't work it will have to be done 'via brokerage' whatever that means.

unkamonkey

Explorer
When I did the insurance on mine in 1998 the sent me a temporary policy so I could drive to the agent. They took pictures of it and it is a motorhome. Through State Farm, $226.25 /year. Registration went up to $116.77. Emission test is $65.00. The tech looked at the last emission test and at 60 MPH it puts out 3% opacity. 0% otherwise "Why do they even make you test this"?
I can't explain some things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles