Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Morrison Jeep Trail and Goose Lake Summer 2017

Default Morrison Jeep Trail and Goose Lake Summer 2017

Alright guys, it's time to kick off the planning! BijanJames and I ran Independence last summer over the 4th, and due to his moving to Bozeman this June, we've been planning to make a run on Morrison and Goose this coming summer. We've been chattering about it on and off and I guess now is as good a time as any to move into the planning phase. I will have sent a bunch of you a PM directing you to this thread so we can talk about it. If I missed you, I really do apologize. So many of you have wanted to join in and I might forget someone. Right, now let's get into it!

My thinking is we should do like a Friday-Saturday-Sunday thing. Meet in the afternoon/evening near Clark, WY (base of Morrison) and hit the trail the next morning. That way we can have the whole day to make it to the top and out to the highway at the other end. Stay the night and do some exploring above Cooke City the next day before hitting Goose early enough to make it to the end by the late afternoon. Drive out the next morning. If anyone feels like hanging around the area a little longer we can check out some of the more minor trails in the area. There's also Yellowstone just a few miles down the road from Cooke City, so people can go off and do that as well. Be aware that camping is dispersed for the most part in the area, so amenities are non-existent. Also, be aware that Morrison is tight and Goose has limited space to camp at the end.

Things to Remember

• The Beartooths/Absarokas are very thick bear country. Please police your food and trash.
    • Gas stations are a little sparse. There's places to fill up in Red Lodge, one or two in Belfry, and only two in Cooke City. I'm not sure if there's one in Clark, I'll check and report back.
    • If you want to do some fishing, remember we'll be in both Wyoming and Montana.
    • High elevation means cold temperatures. Stay warm, folks!
    • Have as much fun as possible!
    • Morrison opens July 15th. We've had a ton of snow this year, so I expect August to be the best time to hit it.

Members Attending

Definitely
    WreckDiver1321 - Black 2005 Nissan Frontier
    bijanjames - Silver 2011 Nissan Frontier
    MNCarl - Red 2012 Nissan Frontier
    Rdy2offrd88 - 1996 4Runner

Maybe
    MTaco
    jhberria
    forsakenfuture
    Throc
    outofrshell
    bigskypylot

Hopefully I didn't leave anybody out.
    Last edited by wreckdiver1321; 07-14-2017 at 01:31 AM.
    "Lola" - 2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO CC/SB
    M205 Swap, 33" Grabber AT2s, ARB bullbar, Extended Radflos, OME leafs, Bilstein 5125s, rear e-locker, ARE cap, White Knuckle sliders, Shrockworks skidplate, Hella 4000s, Warn VR8k, ARB OBA, Snorkel, Indel B fridge, Inverter
    The mountains call, and I must go

Quote Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321 View Post
    Alright guys, it's time to kick off the planning! BijanJames and I ran Independence last summer over the 4th, and due to his moving to Bozeman this June, we've been planning to make a run on Morrison and Goose this coming summer. We've been chattering about it on and off and I guess now is as good a time as any to move into the planning phase. I will have sent a bunch of you a PM directing you to this thread so we can talk about it. If I missed you, I really do apologize. So many of you have wanted to join in and I might forget someone. Right, now let's get into it!

My thinking is we should do like a Friday-Saturday-Sunday thing. Meet in the afternoon/evening near Clark, WY (base of Morrison) and hit the trail the next morning. That way we can have the whole day to make it to the top and out to the highway at the other end. Stay the night and do some exploring above Cooke City the next day before hitting Goose early enough to make it to the end by the late afternoon. Drive out the next morning. If anyone feels like hanging around the area a little longer we can check out some of the more minor trails in the area. There's also Yellowstone just a few miles down the road from Cooke City, so people can go off and do that as well. Be aware that camping is dispersed for the most part in the area, so amenities are non-existent. Also, be aware that Morrison is tight and Goose has limited space to camp at the end.

Things To Remember

• The Beartooths/Absarokas are very thick bear country. Please police your food and trash.
    • Gas stations are a little sparse. There's places to fill up in Red Lodge, one or two in Belfry, and only two in Cooke City. I'm not sure if there's one in Clark, I'll check and report back.
    • If you want to do some fishing, remember we'll be in both Wyoming and Montana.
    • High elevation means cold temperatures. Stay warm, folks!
    • Have as much fun as possible!
    • Morrison opens July 15th. We've had a ton of snow this year, so I expect August to be the best time to hit it.

Members attending

Definitely
    WreckDiver1321 - Black 2005 Nissan Frontier
    bijanjames - Silver 2011 Nissan Frontier
    Ashton - Yellow 2008 Nissan Xterra

Maybe
    MTaco
    MNCarl
    jhberria
    Rdy2offrd88
    forsakenfuture
    Throc
    outofrshell
    bigskypylot

Hopefully I didn't leave anybody out.
    I'm definitely hoping to be able to attend

Quote Originally Posted by bigskypylot View Post
    I'm definitely hoping to be able to attend
    Awesome. We'll try to get everyone on here and see who sticks
    M205 Swap, 33" Grabber AT2s, ARB bullbar, Extended Radflos, OME leafs, Bilstein 5125s, rear e-locker, ARE cap, White Knuckle sliders, Shrockworks skidplate, Hella 4000s, Warn VR8k, ARB OBA, Snorkel, Indel B fridge, Inverter

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
    FYI

I STRONGLY advise no more the 5 rigs. Period.
    Excellent advice. I've seen pictures and video of Morrison, and I've done Goose. Most of it anyway.

Too many rigs would be a nightmare. We could always organize two or three groups.

Excellent advice. I've seen pictures and video of Morrison, and I've done Goose. Most of it anyway.

Too many rigs would be a nightmare. We could always organize two or three groups.
    My thoughts exactly

Eh. I don't get the multiple group thing personally. But i guess you could.

As with every meet though. 30 people will say they are coming..6 will haha

So it'll probably turn out fine.

I may be around for this..so i'll be watching. But not promising anything.

If anything, we will come save your *** if you decided to drive off the cliff hahaha

If anything, we will come save your *** if you decided to drive off the cliff hahaha
    Haha I knew you'd be lurking. As always, would love to have you along if you can.

Haha exactly! We've had interest from about a billion people but I know it's gonna be like five or six in the end. I'm not too concerned.

I'll make sure to have your number ready when somebody ****s up.

Haha I knew you'd be lurking. As always, would love to have you along if you can.

Haha exactly! We've had interest from about a billion people but I know it's gonna be like five or six in the end. I'm not too concerned.

I'll make sure to have your number ready when somebody ****s up.

That's always the case. I'm definitely in if work schedule allows

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast