Introduction, newbie London

Bandalore

Hello everyone. I am a newbie here, and kind a inexperienced in expeditions. But I do like travel a lot. I do have spend a lot of time in southeast Asia, Vietnam especially. There is very suitable country to work from home.
I've traveled across Vietnam on motorcycle last summer :) Actually I am interested in Arctic exploration and expeditions with jeeps :)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hello everyone. I am a newbie here, and kind a inexperienced in expeditions. But I do like travel a lot. I do have spend a lot of time in southeast Asia, Vietnam especially. There is very suitable country to work from home.
I've traveled across Vietnam on motorcycle last summer :) Actually I am interested in Arctic exploration and expeditions with jeeps :)

Welcome to the site Bandalore. Good to see someone froom the UK here. I understand that there a lot of ex military Land Rovers to be had at inexpensive cost in the UK. Maybe that might be a platform for you? Cheers, Chilli..:)

frozenstarz

hiya, also from uk here, if you have not yet been, there is a yearly show in Stafford, adventure overland. lots of helpful talks and ppl to see. also a show in donington 19th 4x4 show. might be worth looking at gear and seeing ideas.

Last edited:

wildorange

Observer
@Bandalore

I just returned from Thailand & did a spot of motorcycling in Samut Sakhon region. I'm looking forward in going back to explore more.

@Chiliwak Ex-MoD vehicles are plentiful in the UK if your willing to pay for a decent used example although for arctic exploration and expeditions I'd certainly be considering other vehicle options.

I've used old Landrover 110's and 90's in Calgarys Batus prairie years back and although they took a hell of punishment I'd be wary with a sub zero environment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles