2012 Ford F-150 FX4

tyler.96

Observer
I honestly agree with both of you! But for right now, it's what's in my budget. Over the summer I have bigger plans for the truck, but for right now I'm keeping it mild due to the fact that I am in school. Over the summer I'll be looking into a replacement bumper that has a spot for a front mounted winch :D till then I guess this is what it will be used for!
View attachment 387752

Nice truck! I have a headache rack for a hammock rack. :sombrero: I wish I had waited to buy a better one, but it's good for mounting lights and such. Which is where I plan on putting the camp lights facing out. I think the hard topper with a roof rack on top would be killer!

Cal128

Got the Bilstein 5100's installed and tires rotated today! Drives really nice! Had them set at the second to the highest setting, which is 1.5" of extra lift. So currently sitting at 7.5" in the front and 5" in the backwhich makes it look more level!

Next up, back rack 👍

tyler.96

Observer
I guess you decided on a headache rack instead of a topper? I almost got a backrack before I got my headache rack. They're clean and simple.

Cal128

Back rack - check
Roof crossbars - check
New third brake light - check
White and amber led cubes for the rear - check and check
Up next (hopefully) gears!!
IMG_1233.jpg
IMG_1236.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_1237.jpg

Cal128

IMG_2899.jpg
Installed the roof crossbars and cargo basket
IMG_2915.jpg
And hooked up all four rear lights

Next on the list:
-making my own bed rack
-finding an RTT

stingray1300

Explorer
Nice truck. Look forward to where you take it.

FYI, If you do go with a cap, keep in mind if you want a RTT in the future. Most of the caps can not handle that kind of weight up high in bumpy conditions.

What evidence/facts do you base your comments on? Actually the opposite is true.
Most truck caps CAN handle the weight of an RTT. I have the largest RTT available (Tepui Gran Sabana - Cal King size bed). I have a standard SnugTop "Rebel" truck cap. After verifying with the SnugTop factory (yes, I actually called them), my installation went forward. The Gran Sabana weighs 150#. The SnugTop (the non-reinforced version) is rated for 200# "dynamic" weight. (Dynamic weight is what a topper is subjected to while driving down the road). Static weight rating is unknown. (Static weight is what the topper is subjected to when stopped, no motion, with whatever you put on it). So far, my wife and I (total weight just shy of 400#. + the weight of the RTT and gear we take up with us at night). And I've had this set up for 4 years now. No cracks or stresses present. So please keep all assertions realistic and factual. Thank you.
redStripe - Copy.jpg DV6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94