First test

dwm

IMG_2563.jpgIMG_2560.jpgIMG_2562.jpg

Finally after a long trip loaded in a bigger truck, and some weeks of anxious waiting, my mog arrived to its new home, a ranch in the argentinian Patagonia.

This afternoon I´ve been doing the first driving test on the sand dunes fild of the property. I am use to drive in the sand other light trucks I have here (a Toyota Hilux and a Land Rover Defender) and I did not expected this performance of the Unimog being way heavier. No problem at all, even with the tires at 35psi! which I did not have to deflate them.

I´ll attach some images. Hope you like them.

Cheers.

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Whatever about the Mog - I do like the Property!
It's not really what we'd see here in Ireland :)

dwm

Whatever about the Mog - I do like the Property!
It's not really what we'd see here in Ireland :)

Thanks ianc, and that is the dry area of the property!. You don´t want to know what do I have along the 16 kilometer of coastline of the ranch! haha.

dwm

At 35 PSI, are you not already running lower pressure?

yes, I have the tires with 35 psi because was the pressure I inflated them for the road. I really wanted to know how it behave compared with my other trucks which I never deflate the tires of them to drive along the dunes either. In some parts the dunes are pretty firm and you can drive all the way up to pretty high ones with no problem, but depending on the wind direction during the very windy days in some areas the sand is really soft and deep, but the way the differential lock works is impressive.

Sitec

Adventurer
I never deflate the tires of them to drive along the dunes either....

Hi there! Great looking Mog you have there! Looks like an awesome play site too! Re tyre pressures, you should get into the habit of deflating the tyres whenever you are on the dunes. It makes for a bigger footprint, more traction and most importantly, less damage to the dunes. We have a lot of people over here in Australia who don't deflate, and it is ruining a lot of the desert tracks. Good luck in your travels, and enjoy the Mog! :)

Hodakaguy

Adventurer
Glad to see pics of it finally home, looks really good! You have a great area to play with it there for sure! Keep the cool pics coming.

Hodakaguy

dwm

Hi there! Great looking Mog you have there! Looks like an awesome play site too! Re tyre pressures, you should get into the habit of deflating the tyres whenever you are on the dunes. It makes for a bigger footprint, more traction and most importantly, less damage to the dunes. We have a lot of people over here in Australia who don't deflate, and it is ruining a lot of the desert tracks. Good luck in your travels, and enjoy the Mog! :)

Good point, thank you Sitec!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online