stuck between a truck and a truck and a truck

cheif carlos

Thanks stephenh1235
reason I was looking at 2.4m was the Iveco tray size, but with a Canter would probably go to around 3m similar to what yours is. As much as I would want to go to a Landcruiser trayback and even though the dual cabs are better built than the 4 cylinder utes, I don't like the idea of having so much weight behind the rear axle. one thing I will miss it the 100 series especially after going looking around the state forest today - any ideas as to convince the wife to let me keep it as a play car? :(

Thanks gait
good to hear more upright driving position is easier on the back

cheif carlos

Thanks canter tourer
Have been watching your build interested to see that you have kept it under the magical 4500kg for cheaper everything. my aim is to get the setup to around the 10min mark but keep it as a soft fold out, down from current 30min. still too much to think about

engineer

Adventurer
id give the Iveco serious consideration if it is going to be a daily driver
lots of us using these trucks in a commercial off road situation don't like the parabolics, because we break them.
Quick operators summary
Isuzu. Nice to work on, new model is gutless
Canter. nice to drive, reliablity can be an issue
Iveco, most comfortable, highly under rated by general public

Your rear passengers will most likely appreciate the back seat in the 2 japanese representatives,
you and your wife will most likely appreciate the italian.
At the end of the day, there is no stand out superior, only which you choose as your best of the bad bunch.

If i bought the isuzu, i'd go parabolic, find someone to reprogram the engine (same engine as the Fss, but in the Fss they are running about 205 hp)
and convert the cab to tilt with hydraulics
Canter i'd do the coils, maybe singles, but no need for a power upgrade
Iveco is good standard, they may need lockers with the independent front end though.... depends where you plan to go
Simpson? Canning? Cape York? Fraser?

Thespoon

Observer
id give the Iveco serious consideration if it is going to be a daily driver
lots of us using these trucks in a commercial off road situation don't like the parabolics, because we break them.
Quick operators summary
Isuzu. Nice to work on, new model is gutless
Canter. nice to drive, reliablity can be an issue
Iveco, most comfortable, highly under rated by general public

Your rear passengers will most likely appreciate the back seat in the 2 japanese representatives,
you and your wife will most likely appreciate the italian.
At the end of the day, there is no stand out superior, only which you choose as your best of the bad bunch.

If i bought the isuzu, i'd go parabolic, find someone to reprogram the engine (same engine as the Fss, but in the Fss they are running about 205 hp)
and convert the cab to tilt with hydraulics
Canter i'd do the coils, maybe singles, but no need for a power upgrade
Iveco is good standard, they may need lockers with the independent front end though.... depends where you plan to go
Simpson? Canning? Cape York? Fraser?

The Iveco does not have an independent front end and has already lockers front, center and rear as standard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne