My FJ60

Nesquik

Observer
Hello all!

I've been recently shopping every single day for a Jeep XJ, old 4Runner, Xterra, or suzuki...even looking at Mitsubishi and Isuzu trying to find a good deal on a 4x4 that I liked.

I had been taken on a ride in an old imported RHD diesel LC and fell in love....but it was for nothing, they were simply too expensive.

The suzukis were too small, and between the others they were either impossible to find unmodified with a standard transmission or just not unique enough for what I wanted.

Well yesterday I drove home in a 1983 LC. It drives perfect, stops and steers well. Few issues here and there, but I got it cheapish, and it runs remarkably well for a 30+ year old vehicle

Ordered a Haynes manual. Never owned and old vehicle, really looking forward to getting to know this thing!

Attachments

• IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Nesquik

Observer
More pics

Attachments

• IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2503.JPG
    IMG_2503.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2502.JPG
    IMG_2502.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 82

Nesquik

Observer
What's the best forum for LC information?

I've found Cruiser parts for a parts source....are they a fairly reputable and reliable source?

Nesquik

Observer
Ih8mud.coom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I've actually been trying to navigate that site

I don't own a computer at the moment and for some reason it spams the crap out of my phone!

I emailed to see if there is a solution

Thanks SoCal

tgreening

Expedition Leader
That's a really nice looking old LC. Since you asked (I know) here's what I would do. Put a mild leveling lift on there with some aggressive-ish looking ATs. Mount some kind of tablet device to the dash pointed at the driver with a map as the display. Topographic is a bonus. Now get a roof rack with at LEAST one Gerry can mounted, preferably not steel, and in that desert sand color. Last, and this is key, get some stickers on there that look maybe like sponsors and be absolutely sure the word Expedition appears at least once. Twice is probably better.

Advertise on here for about $15,000 and change and wait for the suck...uhm, buyers to line up.

Go buy something you can get parts for in any parts store in any town on any day and use the leftover to fund your "around the country" tour! Enjoy!

( All the above is the opinion of the author and not necessarily the opinion of management or anyone else likely to have an opinion and was intended to be taken completely (mostly) in jest. Questions or complaints should be directed to 867-5309 or Br-549)

SoCal_80

Explorer
Definitely check out Mud. It will have literally all the info you will need. (I am on my 3rd cruiser)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nesquik

Observer
But maximum vacuum lines!

$3000?!?!? You stole that thing - congrats.

It's not perfect

Transfer case leak, radio doesn't work, window crank is stripped, exhaust stops immediately after the muffler, rear tail light busted, and worst of all, rusty quarters and wheel arches

That being said, it runs and drives excellently

Last edited:

Ultralite

Adventurer
That's a really nice looking old LC. Since you asked (I know) here's what I would do. Put a mild leveling lift on there with some aggressive-ish looking ATs. Mount some kind of tablet device to the dash pointed at the driver with a map as the display. Topographic is a bonus. Now get a roof rack with at LEAST one Gerry can mounted, preferably not steel, and in that desert sand color. Last, and this is key, get some stickers on there that look maybe like sponsors and be absolutely sure the word Expedition appears at least once. Twice is probably better.

Advertise on here for about $15,000 and change and wait for the suck...uhm, buyers to line up.

Go buy something you can get parts for in any parts store in any town on any day and use the leftover to fund your "around the country" tour! Enjoy!

( All the above is the opinion of the author and not necessarily the opinion of management or anyone else likely to have an opinion and was intended to be taken completely (mostly) in jest. Questions or complaints should be directed to 867-5309 or Br-549)

HA! It won't need parts, it's a Land Cruiser! Man, that was a good one.

Nesquik, congrats! Enjoy mate, looks like a good one for that price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior