614 vario handbrake issue.

surfer4life

Observer
Hi guys,

Can anyone help identify the part in the picture? Went down the beach the other day, when i put my handbrake on it emptied all the air in the tank, not just a little bit to put the handbrake on. It then refused to build pressure. When i got under the van i found the diaphragm in the picture seem to be leaking air, when i put my hand over it, it started to build pressure.

I ended up detaching the handbrake arms from the spring chamber to get it home, but have zero idea what the part is to order a new one. Its located in front of the rear wheels on the passenger side (RHD) No diagrams on google that i can find ;(

handbrake.jpg

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
I know the unit you are talking about but I don't know its name. You need someone with a functioning EPC to give you the part numbers.

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
There are people online here who have access to the EPC. I would be pretty sure there's a rebuild kit for that item.
There's also a large number of Vario buses being scrapped in the UK because they don't meet disabled access standards - So you should be able to pick up a secondhand one .

Neil

Observer
I have EPC.
pm me the chassis number and any details and i will have a look for you
Neil

surfer4life

Observer
Thanks for the offer Neil, very kind.

I have already taken it off and got the part number, it's a relay valve, i'm hoping its sticking at that's why its dumping all the air. after a bit of searching i found this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Relay-Valve-0004296544-Genuine-Trucktec-01-36-029-/311697615535

I know its non OEM, and a cheap copy, i usually wouldn't even consider it, but as i don't know if it is this part that is wrong with it, its worth a try to fix the issue, then buy the oem if it sorts it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier