sealing dust from truck to cap/topper/canopy window

02rangeredge

Adventurer
what are you guys using to seal dust out from between the rear cab window and the front most cap window? I don't have a fold up/down and dust cakes those windows- I found something called the autoline truk boot but no good reviews, some said just get a mountain bike inner tube. But I just wanted to know how you guys are dealing with it? If you do the bike tube way do you inflate it before or after its in place? any other ideas?

also is it just me or should there be a truck and cap/topper/canopy section like there is for campers and trailers?

zoblo

Observer
I bought a 'boot' from http://www.fourwh.com about 4 years ago to fit between the cab of my Tacoma and camper. Perhaps they still sell them. My problem was trying to find one small enough for my truck. Most boots I found where for full-size p/u. I kept the rear sliding window in the truck in place. I also keep the fan going in the truck when going down dirt roads to keep the the dust out.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I bought a 'boot' from http://www.fourwh.com about 4 years ago to fit between the cab of my Tacoma and camper. Perhaps they still sell them. My problem was trying to find one small enough for my truck. Most boots I found where for full-size p/u. I kept the rear sliding window in the truck in place. I also keep the fan going in the truck when going down dirt roads to keep the the dust out.

I found something good like what you're describing but had no good reviews of it, it's not thick enough, ruins paint, got a hole in a week, many of the reviews side that they switched to bike inner tubes and couldn't be happier, I'm not looking to be able to open the slider since my cap has solid glass, I want to seal off all of my rear window

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
If it works teh way I understand it, you remove the windows from the truck and camper and this fits in the grooves left so it is open/pass through
I don't think we're talking about the same problem, I want to seal off the entire window rather than just the slider, since my cap doesn't have one, and I don't understand how that would do it

02rangeredge

Adventurer
If it works teh way I understand it, you remove the windows from the truck and camper and this fits in the grooves left so it is open/pass through

I live in Michigan and this is my DD, there's no way that could be anice option, I'd never have cab heat again

Silverado08

Observer
I used white foam found in boxes they ship computers in,not sure whats it called,its fairly stiff but stil flexible enough,,
I had to slice and cut it into strips and glue several together as the thickness vary all around the window..
Only downside is sometimes it squeeks as the truck vibrates

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I used white foam found in boxes they ship computers in,not sure whats it called,its fairly stiff but stil flexible enough,,
I had to slice and cut it into strips and glue several together as the thickness vary all around the window..
Only downside is sometimes it squeeks as the truck vibrates

i'll give it a thought, I think I'm going to try a bike innertube if I can find one large enough and see how that works but thanks for the idea

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior