arb fridge temperature swings

Rekcut3

Just picked up a new arb fridge and I am having issues with it holding a steady temp. I have an 8 year old one that when set at 27 will stay on that number without varying on the display. The new one when set at 27 will run until it displays 23 and will then not kick on again until it displays 31. I have already exchange it once with ARB as the first one received would go down to 17 and then back to 33. Is this the norm on the newer fridges?

I ran both fridges side by side in the on a week long trip to big bend last week and the old one stayed steady and the new one was up and down everyday.

tarditi

Explorer
Mine is 1.5 years old and cycles like you described - never a problem really - I leave the transit bag on and it's plugged into the wall on the back 3-season porch when it's not riding along in the jeep.
It may have something to do with more efficient power management from the source to reduce draw on batteries, etc.

Eldgen

Builder of Dreams
I called ARB on the same issue with mine right out of the box. It was explained that it was normal and more obvious when the fridge is empty since there is nothing to retain the cold. The fridges cycle on and off the way you described to maintain an average temp, not exact.

Rekcut3

My older ones and the units several of my friends have all hold temp on display. The new one I purchased at xmass would drop 12 deg below set temp and then rise to 8 above. ARB replaced that one. The new one goes 4 below and 4 above. I would be curious to know when they changed their circuitry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne