Falken WildPeak MT Anyone using them?

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I find few real life reviews of these, but hoping maybe some members here have used them.

Anyone got any info on running them?

Thanks

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
I too am interested in the Falkan MTs; really have little use for ATs.
Apparently Falkan tires are not all that much in demand (so far only found one local dealer).

Enjoy!

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
The AT seem to be discontinued and I find decent magazine reviews and one review of rocks chunking the MT, but very little otherwise.

crismateski

American Adventurist
I am running the Falken Wildpeak MT in 37x12.50r17 and absolutely love them. Tons of traction, wearing even, no chunking in the rocks, and quiet on the road with good manners.

4.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

5.jpeg

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
They arrived. Only issue i see is the actual tread width seems quite a bit narrower than most. The section width seems typical, but the tread doesn't span as much of the section it seems.

FYI--these are 315 70 17 on 17x8.5.

But pics, cause people like pics

Next to the 35 12.5 17 on 17x9 Fierce Attitudes

You can see the tread seems to not start until much inside the actual rubber width

Alphonse

Observer
The tread width being narrow for the tire width is why I dismissed this tire early in my tire search last year. That was apparent in the photos shown back then and it really bothered me because there aren't prominent alternating outer lugs to really grab mud like other MT tires. For all the hype about this tire over the last 2 years it's very ho hum looking. Reminds me of the old BFG KM mud terrains.

Happy Joe

Apprentice Geezer
Narrower tread is pretty common the BFG MTs (33s to 35s) that I used to use had around a 9.75" tread for a 12.50" section width... fair medium traction, medium sized, tires...

Enjoy!

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Compared to the Fierce Attitude and KM2 I have on hand ..the Falken are far taller. The MTR I have is close in height. They all seem to have wider tread width with the skinny to wide list showing Falken, KM2, TR, FA. I bought these cause if the price mostly and on paper them checking all the right boxes. They do look good in person but if they were not 1/3 less money I would be disappointed. I do have Pit Bull Rocker Radials on backorder now and once they show up I will pick what sticks on the rig. These Falken are on for some testing tomorrow though.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Put about 20 miles on. Impressions:

-ride is smooth
-typical MT noise but nothing bad
-lil squirm, they are new though

Will try to keep updating as they get used

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Kinda funny I see this response since i finally, after having stuff for nearly 2 years, put in all my new door speakers, got the new sub delivered and setup with a buddy to help install a double din and backup camera. I always liked my stereo stuff, but had settled on the stuff I put in 8 years ago for too long.

I actually don't mind the MT sound at all. I grew up running Swampers, so the noise doesn't tend to bug me. Only had one set of tires i could not handle the sound and it was not volume, but the frequency or tone I guess. I tried some treadwright retreads and they would literally give myself and passengers a headache. They were awful. Made me hate driving my rig for awhile til i just dumped them.

---Falkens-- A couple hundred more miles and they seem to do just like they should. They are feeling a bit more stable as they cycle some heat through. Hoping for good things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz