Your thoughts on a 2000 Lexus LX470

thedanielarthur

So I've stumbled across a 2000 Lexus LX470 with 138,000 miles and a bad paint job for sale for $6500. There are a few warning lights on (vsctrac, vscoff, ABS, and brake), and 11 codes popped up when we scanned it (C1228,C1227,C1226,C1225,C1224, C1223, C0256, C0246, C0236, C0226, and C1256). What are your guys thoughts? Any experience with these issues? Is it just a wheel speed sensor? In general are Lexus vehicles more expensive to work on? Will this be as capable an overland vehicle as my 2003 TJ? From what I can tell, the only difference b/w this and a LC100 is suspension and differential? Thanks for all the help!

IMG_2140.JPG

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
not too many 4wd Toyotas that aren't capable offroad, but I don't honeslty know anything about these rigs or your 03 tj. however I can tell you that any replacement part from Toyota will command large fees. even more if you can only get it from the lexus dealer. id always check to see if its a part that crosses over and get it with a Toyota part number vs a lexus part number. often times it will be a similar number but the Toyota part can be a little cheaper. not always, but sometimes.

nasko

Adventurer
From my limited knowledge this is pretty much a rebadged LC100. You will get a lot more replies and info if you posted in the Land Crusier section or even at Ih8mud.com .Cheers and good luck

BEG

Adventurer
When I bought my '00 LX470 it had the same dashlights on. I cleaned the wheels speed sensor and it's been running fine ever since.

With regard to your other questions, if you shop for parts and labor at the Lexus dealer, they will cost more.
I'm not sure about your specific TJ, but in general, the 100 series is the better choice for overlanding based on GVWR alone. It's also much more comfortable than a TJ and has a V8 and ATRAC (earlier models were available with rear lockers). It does not have a solid front axle so you won't get the same articulation.
The LX470 is the premium version of the Land Cruiser. The LX has higher quality leather, more upscale interior finishes, projector headlights and the polarizing AHC suspension system. I happen to think it's an awesome system and would take it over a regular LC any day of the week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior