LR3 Front bumper options

What washer bottle and bracket did you use?

The one that came with the washer bottle I ordered off Amazon Eric suggested. It is just a single aluminum strap with bolt then drilled a hole and mounted it. Mine is under the hood right next to the coolant reservoir. It will have to be relocated if I put on-board air or dual battery charger in but works perfect there for now.

perkj

Explorer
The one that came with the washer bottle I ordered off Amazon Eric suggested. It is just a single aluminum strap with bolt then drilled a hole and mounted it. Mine is under the hood right next to the coolant reservoir. It will have to be relocated if I put on-board air or dual battery charger in but works perfect there for now.

Can you post a link to the bottle you purchase?

Thanks for the link Victory, this will come in very handy!

No problem. I think I have it on my build thread but I do not believe I did the install on the thread because I wasn't sure if it was staying there. Either way, this will get your wiper washer moving again. There is a ton of stuff in the box with the wiper bottle you won't need but good to have spare gadgets around.

Also, you will not have a wiper fluid level guage in this one either but I just turn that info message off with the Gap Tool if you can. I haven't messed with it yet but plan to one of these days.

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
I like my tactical bumper, looks good, feels stout, shallower than the ARB/ better approach angle. The cons are: you get to figure out your windshield fluid tank relocation(not a big deal but your gonna be making a bracket and going to a smaller tank), trimming fender flares is slow and kinda hit or miss (at least the lr3's aren't painted!), can't get headlights out due to bull bar, no locations for high lift jack points.

If I had to do it over again I'd still buy the Tactical... also, don't even think about a warn zeon, it's been a PITA fitting in the tactical winch tray.
8fcdd30abac1b31b508c084c579e20a8.jpg

What tent is that?

Also, I know Phobucket installed the Lucky8 CFE bumper, anybody else tried it out yet? Some drunk fool ran into my parked truck the other night... new bumper is finally happening.

Jwestpro

Explorer
I just saw in the Rovers North monthly they have a pretty slick bumper. It tidy with no upper bars AND unlike many others, it's galvanized first.... I like the protection the ARB upper bull bars provide but I would also appreciate having 'just enough' up front with a lot less weight and also super easy looking access to the winch. Trade-offs of course.

Also noticed that their kit very smartly includes a washer relocation solution with different reservoir to go somewhere else.

zelatore

Explorer
What tent is that?

Also, I know Phobucket installed the Lucky8 CFE bumper, anybody else tried it out yet? Some drunk fool ran into my parked truck the other night... new bumper is finally happening.

I can't help you with the tent question, but ironically Phobucket's LR3 was also hit by an errant driver right after he installed the bumper and sliders! He's just picked up a new LR4 and is getting it sorted currently.

StreetsofCompton

Adventurer
Don,

I remember reading how Pho's misfortune. Awful timing. Glad it wasn't worse.

once they actually started digging into mine, estimate $7000 in repairs. Given USAA's valuation of my truck at 7500 I'm guessing they'll total it. Which seems insane because visually it really didn't look that bad and it was driveable with no new faults showing thru my GAP tool. Anxiously awaiting a call from the adjuster.

Sunrise - thanks for the tent info. Have never seen that one before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abran

Observer
I wanted the stealth but functional look, so I went with the Devon 4x4 discreet winch mount with tow eyes. These mounts are heavy duty. They actually have 2 tabs that insert into the frame on each side that you drill through the frame and tabs and add 2 bolts per side. Most secure mounting I have seen. I used a Warn VR12s winch on the Install.
577F8775-7009-4B55-9F16-52F981CCB7EB.jpg
77E4F1CE-BE41-4075-9408-2D7C35D14731.jpg
A0A55B04-F76C-4657-9BDD-F362C81BF4A3.jpg

Pic of cross drilled bolts:
642A32E4-776B-41EC-9B28-14B5A63190B3.jpg

spikemd

Explorer
I'm a big fan of large bunpers after my buddy's wife backed into the corner of the LR3. 4k is damage to the Volvo...just a scratch on our ARB. Would have been at least 4k in damage on the LR3 if it had a hidden winch. Would have taken out the front bumper and quarter panel.

JamesWhoo

I love the look of a light rack and winch of the front of any offroad vehicle. It says you mean business. Even if you never use either, It looks nice.

@Compton, USAA has a great buy-back program on your rig if they total it. Ask them the buy-back price and keep it as a salvage if you can fix it yourself. That's what I did and made out like a champ on the insurance payout even after the buy-back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94