06 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Build

RokyTop

Here are couple more recent pictures since everything to this point is finished, we just have to get some mechanical things taken care of then on to the next step of going even bigger.
20160604_145211 by nateh387, on Flickr

20160604_145224 by nateh387, on Flickr

FB_IMG_1464884631368 by nateh387, on Flickr

FB_IMG_1464884692241 by nateh387, on Flickr

So now this is when to turn to you guys.

Because the goal we have now set is something like:
Hots Shots long travel coilovers
2" ADF top hat spacer
6" ADF subframe drop
Bigger tires (31's maybe)
Snorkel
Hitch
Full Custom front bumper
Full custom rear bumper maybe
LSD for the rear diff and maybe one for the center diff one day
I want to do a hard mount of the roof rack with the Yakima Q tower that you drill and bolt to the roof.
BUT.........
The issue I have now is the motor is struggling as it is right now the lift and tire size so... I've been rolling around the idea of either doing a EA dual range tranny or just full blown doing an STI swap but what do you guys have for suggestions.

screwball48

Explorer
Step one: Marry your girlfriend since she has let you do all of this to her car.
Step two: Evaluate your intended future use of this car. As it is now you are pushing the limits of the platform. Once you increase the horse power you are planning on increasing the tire diameter. What is going to be the weak link next? CVs, trans, diffs? You may find yourself with a perpetual project that you spend more time under with a wrench than driving. With the potential cost of repairs and upgrades you could find a cheaper 4x4 of some sort that would be more friendly to the type of mods your are interested in. You could then keep this Impreza as is and continue to drive it like you stole it. If you choose to continue modding the Impreza the only advice I can give is ..... make sure and post pictures! The car is looking good so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RokyTop

Damn that is awesome looking.

Are 31s possible? Seems huge. Mine measure out to 29.3" and even those seems gigantic on my much bigger Audi.
Well I know there is that guy with the outback that's running the 6" adf lift on 32 super swampers ha so I was just do my best to get some 31's in there.
Also the tires I have on there right now are some Yokohama Geolanders 225/60 R17.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior