Proposed 1k fine for vehicles over 20 years old in Oregon

doug720

Expedition Leader
In Oregon, you can pump your own gas in the many vehicles: motorcycles, hot rods, boats, motorhomes and gas cans. As mentioned, you can pump your own diesel.

This holds true even in Ashland!

chet6.7

Explorer
The tax is BS,it really shows how greedy and out of touch the proponents of the tax are.Maybe the folks in Salem make to much money,it would be good for them to drive and older vehicle.
It's 40 degrees,with a 45 MPH wind blowing off the ocean and an inch of rain.... don't mind having my gas/diesel pumped.I even let someone haul my garbage away and cook my food for me from time to time.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
California wants to add a $100 per year fee on ALL vehicles. That one is in the works now. The governor is also pimping a $60 annual increase in registration fees. All this is on top of outrageously high tag renewal fees. I think the last renewal on my 12-year old Dodge 3/4 ton was $385. No matter what they claim as a reason, it's a lie. Bottom line is they want more of your money. They are screwing us every in single way that they can get away with.

Yep. The state highway taxes are supposed to be solely for highway construction and maintenance. Instead the taxes go to the general fund where they are "fairly" allocated or in reality, pilfered.
My registration was $314 this year. Weight fee alone was $203 I think. Truck's in my signature.
Two new F-350 4wd Supercab longbeds in the neighborhood now. Probably $65-75K each. I can't imagine what their fees are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online