Thoughts on the Beta motorcycles?

Wallygator

Adventurer
Anyone have any experience with Beta motorcycles? I have heard good things but have never ridden one or know anyone with one. I am looking at the 2017 Beta 390 RR-S. Thanks.

Clutch

<---Pass
I have a couple buddies that have them...they like them...on par with KTM for fit and finish. Nice compact chassis. Had a couple few KTM's in the past... Beta or another Gas Gas will be my next bike.

One of the guys in the AZ club son races for Beta, came in 2nd at the King of the Motos.

See that IMS is now making a 4 gallon tank for them now...great for dual sporting.

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/4-gallon-rally-tank-efi

20161211_181238-1.jpg

Last edited:

Wallygator

Adventurer
I have a couple buddies that have them...they like them...on par with KTM for fit and finish. Nice compact chassis. Had a couple few KTM's in the past... Beta or another Gas Gas will be my next bike.

One of the guys in the AZ club son races for Beta, came in 2nd at the King of the Motos.

See that IMS is now making a 4 gallon tank for them now...great for dual sporting.

http://shop.americanbeta.com/p/4-gallon-rally-tank-efi

View attachment 387417

Thanks for the info, it's right on par with what I am hearing about them. The closest Beta dealer to me over an hour away but I hear that Beta has a great parts mail-order program. I also like that you can build your bike on line with many great upgrades. The KTM's are big money. I built a Beta on line on their site that included new suspension and many other parts and it came out the same price as a KTM exc 500 stock! In my area I need a plated bike and so far the Beta is looking very nice.

Clutch

<---Pass
You're welcome...yeah they are good bikes, don't think you can go wrong. Very similar to a KTM, they just do it a little different. They used to have KTM RFS engines in them when they first making the enduro line, 2004-09 IIRC. They now have their own.

Don't quote me on this, but someone told me they use to manufacture engine cases for KTM. Maybe for the RFS engine? Why they got to use it their chassis? I'll see if I can confirm that.

$_86.JPG

Last edited:

Wallygator

Adventurer
Awesome! Thanks for the reviews. Yeah it looks like the Beta's are the real deal, possibly even better than KTM for woods riding. Also Beta is on a mission to be the best out there. Even limiting sales to maintain high quality builds. I'm saving up.

Clutch

<---Pass
Awesome! Thanks for the reviews. Yeah it looks like the Beta's are the real deal, possibly even better than KTM for woods riding. Also Beta is on a mission to be the best out there. Even limiting sales to maintain high quality builds. I'm saving up.

You're welcome. Looks like I am getting one sooner than later, decided to part out my Gas Gas and get a 300RR Race. They come with some nice parts hung off them, similar to a KTM Six Days, but at a lower cost point.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Congrats on the new bike Clutch! Please post up pics, details, and your thoughts when you get to rip on that thing.

Clutch

<---Pass
Congrats on the new bike Clutch! Please post up pics, details, and your thoughts when you get to rip on that thing.

Thanks man!

Picked it up yesterday. Ended up with the 300RR over the Race, want to try out the oil injection...the Race didn't come with it, but could be added. Didn't feel like fussing with it...that and after some thought, the upcharge of the Race is basically a bunch of red anodized bling, which will just fade to pink over time.

Did some heat cycles yesterday, won't get a chance to do a break in ride until Monday. Have the IMS 4 gallon tank and TM skidplate on order. Doesn't come with a spark arrestor...either going to pull the one out of the Gas Gas FMF Q I have...or get a Pro Circuit 296...always liked the sound of the PC's silencers over the FMF's.

20170320_121213.jpg

Last edited:

Clutch

<---Pass
Have been super busy at work, finally had a chance to toss some parts on it.

"Exxon Valdez" tank, TM Designs skidplate, and street legal plate installed. Waiting on the Scotts frame mount to show up, so I can install my stabilizer and Fastway F.I.T. handguard system....oh and have fairly new Lith-Ion battery I pulled from my last bike to toss in.

17458393_10155208807289630_5618617009315895158_n.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
Nice bike!! I have a 16 350rr. Cant go wrong with a beta. I had GG and KTM's. Best bike I've had so far.

Thanks! It came down to the 300RR, 390...or a Husky TE300...the 300RR won out. I really liked my GG, but couldn't wait for the '18's. Needed a big tank too for out here in Idaho, like to do 100+ mile loops, that and good for general exploring...tend to eat up a lot of fuel seeing if that dead end is really a dead end.. ;) :D Want to do the Tour of Idaho too. http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/t1-solo-2013.907546/

Real curious about the oil injection, be nice when I make my fuel stops. Still will have to carry oil, but not having to mix it, gonna be cool!

Clutch

<---Pass
Getting a chance to stretch its' legs a little.

Pretty good right out of the box, some minor adjusting of the controls and that is about it.

Burned about 4 gallons of gas, hardly used any oil...think I am going to like the oil injection.

17634439_10155233032369630_5253087758924353579_n.jpg

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Shout out to the Beta brand - a friend of mine takes his to Baja for three years running now without a single issue. It's also his main dirt bike. I'm not sure which one it is. We do a 1k mile loop in Baja, and every year we've had KTM's fail, but so far the Beta has been solid.. (KTM = Kant Take Mexico)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles