Eco Worthy solar panels

Richietherocket

Adventurer
So I've been looking for a portable solar panel for a while. Was wanting to get the Renolgy suitcase but they seem to be out of stock all the time.

I ran across this one from Eco Worthy. I can't seem to find many reviews outside of Amazon. I am looking to use this when camping in the high desert while mountain biking to run our Edgestar 43qt fridge. It's set up on a always on 12v plug in our FJC running off the main battery. So this would keep that battery topped off.

https://www.amazon.com/ECO-WORTHY-P...y/&slotNum=0&imprToken=3TQOrDU6C-pWEJphzRSZGg

ejstavemtcnet

I have these exact panels. I use them to keep the 2 100ah batteries in my motorhome topped off when we are dry camping. Used them 3 weekends last year and they worked great! I extended the cables using a higher gauge extension cord that I cut the ends off. So far they have worked as advertised. The legs seem a little weak, but have given me no trouble.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I have an eco-worthy panel that charges a battery for a gate opener on my property.

The pros are it's inexpensive. The cons are the quality of the components and panel are marginal, and the output is low in partial sun. For a gate opener it's fine, I can always switch out the battery and do repairs as it's at my house. For remote and essential power it's risky and potentially unreliable.

For me durability and dependability are first when I'm remote and eco-worthy doesn't provide that. It provides an economical solution only.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
I would make my own. I have an 80w panel and its been fine but the charge controller is garbage and you can just find something to lean the panel on for alot less. If you really want the fancy folding setups Id just buy 2 panels seperate and buy a morningstar controller and just run your own wires. You will get a better unit for less or same cost.

Ive had 60w of solar on my 4runner for years now and it does great to help offset the 12v fridge on trips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles