2000 Isuzu trooper opinions

Elminster

Considering one with a 5 speed about 3 hours away. It's just over 200k miles with lots of maintence done and two good owners apparently. A little oil consumption and some minor body damage from turning the side into a stump. He only wants 1500. Thoughts guys? Family vehicle with possibilities for the future.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
Looks like a deal to me. The biggest problem with Troopers is the crappy GM auto transmission, but the manual takes care of that issue. Oil consumption is common with the Isuzus. I would find out how much though. A quart every 1000 miles seems to be normal.

Clutch

<---Pass
I would snap that up.

We have a very clean '02 auto RWD...it has been a great vehicle, built pretty solid. Only complaints is the auto and RWD. It is mainly my wife's commuter...so don't really "need" 4WD, but wish it had it. Thought of buying a 4WD/manny parts vehicle and convert ours over, as I see ones with blown engines come up on CL from time to time...not sure if it is worth the hassle.

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
I have a 88 Trooper thats what i want to do is swap the Auto to a stick And get rid of the ITEC and get a carb system. but thats another different thread alltogether. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles