WISA board - for roof deck

DiscoDavis

Explorer
While on vacation last year I was directed towards this stuff by Marc in CH. Laminated like plywood, stronger, way more weather resistant, finished with a non-slip outer layer. Reasonably light. Think like super marine plywood.

Have never seen the stuff stateside, when I did some digging I found very few suppliers here listed. Anyone know of the stuff? The photo below shows material that was fitted in 1998, and I saw it at the shop in 2016 after doing a world tour!

29901067530_d070fdde47_b.jpg

Looking to deck the top of a brownchurch 110 rack.

tuesdayfox

It surely looks great. But why would you want a *double* roof? Spiders ants etc will surely love that space created....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ray_G

Explorer
Take a look at Starboard HDPE, may be akin to what you are looking for and is avail domestically through marine suppliers. Not cheap, but durable b/c of its makeup when compared to wood.

I tend to prefer chickencoop flooring for my racks, but if I was going to deck it with a solid surface, it would be something like starboard.
r-
Ray

luckyjoe

Adventurer
WISA - looks like interesting stuff. But my eyes were quickly drawn astray :Wow1:

Whats the story with this one???
Whoa_RRC.jpg

DiscoDavis

Explorer
It surely looks great. But why would you want a *double* roof? Spiders ants etc will surely love that space created....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I live under several gigantic trees, they tend to drop a few branches every once in a while. That and my favorite roof rack activities were walking on them and sleeping on them in warm weather.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Take a look at Starboard HDPE, may be akin to what you are looking for and is avail domestically through marine suppliers. Not cheap, but durable b/c of its makeup when compared to wood.

I tend to prefer chickencoop flooring for my racks, but if I was going to deck it with a solid surface, it would be something like starboard.
r-
Ray

Ray, both good options. Suffice it to say I need something to blend with a more 'classic' look, if I can't find that then I'll go back to polymax or the like. ;)

DiscoDavis

Explorer
OP, i know you know about this stuff... posting for others of course.

PolyMax Overlapping Poultry/Kennel Flooring
http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...poultry_fencing_flooring;pgha2215_HA2215.html

$28
7.7 lb
24" x 48"
UV/weather proof, also very quite, doesn't whistle. only flexes a little, i can easily walk around on it, 200lb+
Not recommended for turkeys.

IMG_20150610_193705_zpsdlgebu3a.jpg

Yup. I had a couple of sheets on the Discovery 3. Excellent product, shipping was meh. I may go back to it if I can't find board, it got a bit annoying dropping small tools on the roof, nuts/bolts etc. I need something with as few perforations as possible :)

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Bringing this back up. Called the only USA supplier: PDUSA and will report what is possible. They tell me it depends on whether or not they have the material I need at their CA distribution center (in Los Angeles), and how much I can get. They confirm they typically only deal with large companies and bulk order so it may not even be possible to get the stuff in smaller batches for ExPo purposes.

I am shooting to grab at least two 48x48" sheets in 3/8 thickness to test and use on the 110. Ideally I'd get a few more if others wanted in on it, would save freight a bit.

MLu

Adventurer
First reaction: Wait what... that stuff is made like 150 km from where I live, and I didn't even know it existed.

Second reaction (after looking at their website): Oh, that's actually exactly what I have on my roof rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz