Old Man Emu Suspension 2014 f-250

Srob

Does anyone have any experience with OME suspension on an 11+ superduty?

I have a 2014 crewcab longbed with the 6.2 engine. Its also got the camper package in the rear and the snowplow springs up front. The truck has a winch, steel bumber, and carries a Northstar TC800 (about 2000 lbs when loaded with all my gear) and my family of 4 and 2 dogs pretty much full time (close to 10,000 lbs?). The truck handles the camper well on the highway as is, but it is pretty rough on washboard dirt, gravel roads and double-track. I am looking for a suspension that will handle the weight but not shake my camper apart offroad. I live in Wyoming and do lots of dispersed camping off of Forest Service and BLM roads and double-track. I don't really care about the amount of lift (somewhere in the 0-4 inch range) Just looking for load handling and ride quality

I have been reading alot about Icon and Carli suspension and considering them, possibly with a set of alcan springs for the rear (I have a set on my tacoma with flippac and love them). I recently came across the OME suspension but I cannot find any first hand experience. It looks like it is made for my application. Rear springs are made for +1000 lbs, 2000 with the add-a-leaf, the price seems reasonable etc... my main worry is in the description it mentions 15% increased front spring rate this would put the rate close to what my plow springs are, I'm afraid this is one of the reasons it rides so rough. I believe icon and carli both reduce their front spring rates. If anyone has experience or could point me in the right direction, or has any opinions about OME, Carli, Icon for my application I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Betarocker

Adventurer
Icon dual rate 4" springs in the front. OUO ALAs to set caster. Stock leafs in the back with 5" OUO Traction Blocks and Bars. Add Ride Rite bags to aid in load capacity. Fox Performance 2.0 shocks on all corners.

Srob

Beta, do you run a slide-in camper with your setup? and how does it ride compared to stock on washboard and rough roads?
I have been looking at a similar setup from pmf by with the 2.5" icon coils.

Betarocker

Adventurer
Don't run a slide in, but load it up pretty good. Rides very well on washboards. The stock shocks suck and are the main cause of the harsh ride.

16681532_10154891035691093_3215021044908201154_n.jpg

Just a note when using PMF parts. They can only copy parts to an extent, but can't infringe on the patents owned by OUO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior