Alexander Mackenzie Heritage Trail 2016

djobike

Observer
Great write up. I would have been there scratching the dog. It must have taken some time to put that post together.

It is not too bad, first time I tried doing it all in the forum and that was time consuming. Now I use Word, first I upload the images to my Smugmug account, then do the write-up in word, copying the link from Smugmug into word where I want the picture. Then I copy/paste from Word to the forum.

Wow. Epic trip. Man, I just hate though that that new 4runnuer took such beatings and has some damage to it that would cost some money for sure.

But experience was priceless.

Love it!!!

It was a little painful seeing the damage the next morning. All the damage happened within a 4km stretch and after we turned around, if we we had stopped at the clearing like we should have I would have been damage free, 'ifs' always get the best of you...lol...headlight and front quarter plus paint was 2000$CDN :yikes:

Great report and pics

Thank-you. Glad you enjoyed!

Excellent trip report, enjoyed reading that, thank you for sharing.

Some fantastic pictures in there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks; when you have over 500 pics from the trip it is easy to have at least a few good ones. :)

Great write-up! Looks like an awesome adventure!

Thank-you! Going with the right group makes all the difference in the world on a trip like this.

Great trip report. Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome, glad you enjoyed the read.

djobike

Observer
Wow, fantastic report. You guys must have come through right after we did (we cut through July/Aug 2016). We had to cut deadfall for days and days. We did try and widen it up as much as possible (we were towing a small trailer too) but there were some sections where the ATV folks had cut in 2015 and we only cut out one side to slip by. I'm hopeful that with regular use it won't be as nasty as we encountered. The water crossing on the other hand are legit. Interestingly the large crossing you guys struggled with wasn't much affair for us (but a nice bath spot) but a later crossing turned out to he right at the limit of our snorkel-less vehicles. A couple inches deeper and we would have had to call it.

These guys must have come through after you?
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...nzie-trail-2016-BC-canada?highlight=Alexander

Edit: I just watched your teaser video. That gent in the 40 is a mans man. Open top with those bugs. Yikes!

Alex is the guy in the 40, he used a lot of bug spray...lol.

It was crazy how much the water level changed, that rock you used as a guide point (assuming you are the XO trip) on the Blackwater was no where to be seen when we got there. It was a good thing the water was very warm or we would not have been able to spend that much time walking lines across. After that we had no issues with high water, just lots of it. Traction mats would have been a huge help on that one muddy hill.

You guys cleared a ton and we thank-you for that. Made our lives a little easier. :wings:

djobike

Observer
Did you guys end up getting the transmission serviced finally? :)

He had it flushed along with an oil, rear diff fluid swap in Prince George a day later. It was the big deciding factor in going North out of there instead of the shorter route South. The towns south would have been tough to find some where to do that on a weekend.

bigskypylot

Explorer
He had it flushed along with an oil, rear diff fluid swap in Prince George a day later. It was the big deciding factor in going North out of there instead of the shorter route South. The towns south would have been tough to find some where to do that on a weekend.

Good to hear!

unkamonkey

Explorer
Sorry to hear about your damage but as you know, poop happens. I've owned this Jeep for something like 25 years and to walk around it some people may notice a bend in one exhaust pipe from all of it's use. It's the rescue Jeep. Don't look at the scars on the underside.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Great write up and pics! Some work there getting through some of those spots! Well done! Thanks for sharing it!

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Alex is the guy in the 40, he used a lot of bug spray...lol.

It was crazy how much the water level changed, that rock you used as a guide point (assuming you are the XO trip) on the Blackwater was no where to be seen when we got there. It was a good thing the water was very warm or we would not have been able to spend that much time walking lines across. After that we had no issues with high water, just lots of it. Traction mats would have been a huge help on that one muddy hill.

You guys cleared a ton and we thank-you for that. Made our lives a little easier. :wings:

You're absolutely welcome! :D

nucktaco

Adventurer
great write up and thanks for the pics. we ran it aug 27-sept 3rd but i forgot to take alot of photos.

:smiley_drive:

rfoubi

Observer
Great writeup and cool video too. Having worked for years just north of there (Mt. Davidson/Blackwater Camp) it was great to see the area again. I just randomly met Aaron for the first time a couple days ago, turns out we live on the same block. Small world. Anyway nice work!

djobike

Observer
Great writeup and cool video too. Having worked for years just north of there (Mt. Davidson/Blackwater Camp) it was great to see the area again. I just randomly met Aaron for the first time a couple days ago, turns out we live on the same block. Small world. Anyway nice work!

Ha, that is awesome you met Aaron, small world for sure. Glad you enjoyed. First time to that area, blew my mind how vast it is. I get down that way a few times a year so maybe we will get to meet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles