Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The M~D~U Report: A Thousand Miles of Dirt in Utah

WOW... Love the photos, story, and one day dream of doing this run... I just spent the last few days reading every post!!! I tried to keep up, but how many days in total were you guys on the road?

Awesome trip report!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to your next installment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Andy

Hello, Great write up. On page 7 post #61 there’s a picture of your truck in some pretty narrow passage and I was wondering what trail these are on? Do you have GPS coordinates of that passage? Are there any by-passes? Seems based on how tight that passage is for your Toyota, that my full size truck would not go through. I’m planning to go to that regain this fall. Thank you. Milan

Quote Originally Posted by milan65 View Post
    Hello, Great write up. On page 7 post #61 there’s a picture of your truck in some pretty narrow passage and I was wondering what trail these are on? Do you have GPS coordinates of that passage? Are there any by-passes? Seems based on how tight that passage is for your Toyota, that my full size truck would not go through. I’m planning to go to that regain this fall. Thank you. Milan
    Ahhhh devils pocket.

yes this is very very tight, you'll likely loose some paint with a full size rig. That said, you can still get to the Confluence hike through the south entrance through Beef Basin. But you will NOT beable to do a good chunk of Elephant hill as the part with the Devil pocket is one way, so can't turn around. But you could come up from the south and then out the normal way to get around that part and still get to do the fun switch backs.

I do have GPS of all this trip, just haven't posted it yet, but will soon!

Wonderful writeup so far. Really enjoyed reading it today.
    1976 FJ40
    1984 HJ47 diesel
    1996 FZJ80
    2000 UZJ100

Looking for the ending. Hope you got moved ok.
    1999 UZJ100

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothLC View Post
    Looking for the ending. Hope you got moved ok.
    Thanks! I did, only had a computer the last week or so..

Getting into the flow of things. But i've been chipping away at the next chapter! Hopefully soon! Sorry its so long. I have 2 more to do after this now..ha

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
    Thanks! I did, only had a computer the last week or so..

Getting into the flow of things. But i've been chipping away at the next chapter! Hopefully soon! Sorry its so long. I have 2 more to do after this now..ha
    Well at least we will all have even more to read and lust over once this once finishes. Seriously can't wait for the rest of it to show up, no pressure :-)

Awe this is it for now? Just been following along past few days and I need a bit more

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415