Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The M~D~U Report: A Thousand Miles of Dirt in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Long Rifle View Post
    Great report and great pictures as always. My first time up elephant hill into the Needles was in 1967 with my brother in his stock 1964 Scout with open differentials. No ranger station or permits needed. Did it myself in 1970 with a 1969 Scout with positraction on rear diff. and last time in 2009 with a modified FJ Cruiser. Hope to get back one more time in my Jeep. There is something magical about the canyon country and am so glad to have spent time in all three districts of the NP before it was developed and so crowded.
    Wow that is cool!

I've never done with lockers. Always open diffs. Still very do able that way.

I bet it was cool to be in the Needles and Island in the Sky before the crowds. Im from Wyo right next to Yellowstone and I often am envious of the mountain men that got to see all of this country before we all came in droves. The crowds there are next level trust me.

But we did go to The Maze and it is still VERY isolated thankfully. Was so cool I went back there just 2 weeks ago.

Makes me wonder what it will all be like in twenty years too..Public land could be a thing for the history books by then..

Not all heroes wear capes... some take amazing photos and post them on the internet.
    Wow. Just, wow.
    "We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

Quote Originally Posted by 20DYNAMITE07 View Post
    Not all heroes wear capes... some take amazing photos and post them on the internet.
    Wow. Just, wow.

It's the little things right?

Blackdawg - you write some of the best TRs on Expo. And you and Mike's photos? Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    1999 UZJ100

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothLC View Post
    Blackdawg - you write some of the best TRs on Expo. And you and Mike's photos? Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you sir! I appreciate that and so does Mike Thank you for reading and commenting.

Wow great trip report, cant wait to read more! Thanks for documenting some of the areas out there, makes me want to ditch the PNWet and take a trip to Yellowstone and Moab! One for the books.

Again, thanks for posting this - simply awesome.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678