OK, what did I screw up on the new JKU? Motor noise UPDATE in #4

ratled

Adventurer
I have been down and out the last few days with a good cold and the Mrs. said the Jeep started to make a weird noise. I got around to check it out. It sounds like the ARB air pump is running intermittent but since I haven't hooked up the harness yet it can't be it. It sounds like it is coming from the vacuum pump I relocated for the winch but I don't think thats it and everything looks good. It might be coming from the brake booster when installed the EVO ARB compressor bracket - which I hope not.

Anyone with any thoughts on this? I took a quick video and was able to get it on the video

Thanks in advance

ratled

Last edited:

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
You are right, it does sound just like an air pump.
I'd be out there with a stethoscope / wood dowel / screwdriver, to find where it's coming from. that's going to be the quickest way to determine.

Hope you are on the mending side of that cold. :beer:

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Sounds like an electric motor/actuator. Take it to the dealer for warranty check.

ratled

Adventurer
OK, so having to wait several days to get an appointment I was finally able to get it to the dealer to see whats up. It took them 3 days to track it down and figure out why it was making the noise. It was determined that the noise is coming from the vacuum pump that was relocated during the winch plate install. They said I didn't screw it up but that Rugged Ridge has you invert the pump when you relocate it. They said that the vacuum pump wasn't designed to operate in this position and needs to be remounted back in the upright position. Now I have to relocate it and mount it in the upright position. I'm glad I took it in as I would have never figured that out. Best thign is, no charge from the dealer!

ratled

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz