Does anyone know a John Winslow from California?

CSFly

First of all, Id like to mention I am neither a bill-collector or creepy stalker-guy! I recently bought a 1966 FJ40 with original black California plates. In very faint letters I can see "John Winslow Construction" on the doors, with an illegible phone number. I'm trying to find the history of this truck, and a recent Google search for _John Winslow" "Land Cruiser" led to several hits on Expedition Portal, but an internal search does not show anything...
I suspect John Winslow was an early land Cruiser aficionado based on the early modifications to the truck, and want to return it to its period correct appearance (rather than a true restoration). Anyone with any leads can respond here or PM me if you prefer, thanks, Duane

(The real truck is not upside down....)IMG_0991[1].jpg

Rezarf <><

Explorer
He had that early anti-gravity mod done huh!?

Good luck, I had the original owner of my fj40 contact me recently (I am the second owner... 41 years between the two of us) pretty cool :cool:

If you're really committed to finding him, you can always use a title service to track him down.

I recently had my title service track down the Austin Healey I had as a kid, and I found it. Now I just have to talk the owner into selling it.

INSAYN

Adventurer
Not sure if this helps, but found these links regarding a John Winslow:

https://expeditionportal.com/la-aduana-1971-am-general-xm813/

This link mentions that he has gone on the expedition in the sky. Not what you want to hear...

Yeah, when I read that in the article after trying to help out the OP get some info, I didn't feel it was my duty to bring that point to the surface.
Anyone with a vested interest in this John Winslow that read the article would figure it out along the way and do with it as they deemed necessary.

CSFly

thanks for the help. Would have been nice to find a little of the history of the truck, but in this case might be better to just let it be.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Yeah, when I read that in the article after trying to help out the OP get some info, I didn't feel it was my duty to bring that point to the surface.
Anyone with a vested interest in this John Winslow that read the article would figure it out along the way and do with it as they deemed necessary.

But yet you felt it was your "duty" to make a veiled judgement on me? Nice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles