The DiscoDavis Sandglow Thread

LR Max

Local Oaf
Side note: Hop over to defendersource. There is a guy, Robert Davis (antics aside...) who sells a water separator kit for TDIs. Removing water from diesel is always good and will prevent bad times.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Side note: Hop over to defendersource. There is a guy, Robert Davis (antics aside...) who sells a water separator kit for TDIs. Removing water from diesel is always good and will prevent bad times.

Max,

Just got glow plugs from Rob! Nice guy. I thought about it but my sedimeters are in great shape and his are essentially HD versions of what is already fitted to the car. But yes if I smash one somehow, I know who to call! I stalked defendersource for ages trying to glean tidbits of wisdom, love the tech write ups.

-Connor

Full body pics.............

Okay Connor, this is like an "old skool" peep show and I'm running out of dimes to put in the machine! We have a 9 mile distant shot of the front and some floor boards and new pedal rubber pictures! I guess the pedal rubber is like a new set of teeth or maybe socks....not sure what we could relate this too but the filter is kind of like showing us dirty underwear! hahahahahaha

But..........................

COME ON MAN, LET US SEE THE WAGON! LETS GET SOME FULL BODY SHOTS HERE BROTHER! :wings::wings::wings::wings:

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Okay Connor, this is like an "old skool" peep show and I'm running out of dimes to put in the machine! We have a 9 mile distant shot of the front and some floor boards and new pedal rubber pictures! I guess the pedal rubber is like a new set of teeth or maybe socks....not sure what we could relate this too but the filter is kind of like showing us dirty underwear! hahahahahaha

But..........................

COME ON MAN, LET US SEE THE WAGON! LETS GET SOME FULL BODY SHOTS HERE BROTHER! :wings::wings::wings::wings:

Seconded.

Eric, SoFlo,

You're absolutely right. I just haven't gotten any good shots! She's cooped up in the garage at present with all the rain we have gotten the last couple weeks... I just spent last night doing some major door gasket work as if you park on the wrong side of the street it will rain directly into the drivers seat! That and the other litany of things that need doing... she needed a few fixes after being mostly? unused for a while. All my bad shots are whenever I felt like taking a reference photo, which are of course close up and not fun for all you voyeurs...

I will see what I can finagle and change my first post, that will have to do for now! I bribed some photo guru friends to take photos of the 110 in exchange for a ride around.

-Connor

Last edited:
hahaha, we are just messing with you and stoked for your new adventure project. We have to live through you bro........

Rover on my friend, Rover on! :smiley_drive:

Nonimouse

Cynical old bastard
Richard Carter still does that shovel size and a selection of handles. However I have a spare original shovel - yours for the postage

zelatore

Explorer
Couped up in the garage???? What the hell man....If I'm not mistaken that very rig wheeled Slick Rock with me a couple years ago and did just fine. A little rain isn't going to scare it much!

Last edited:

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Couped up in the garage???? What the hell man....If I'm not mistaken that very rig wheeled Slick Rock with me a couple years ago and did just fine. A little rain isn't going to scare it much!

She needed SERIOUS resealing... all the silicone in the roof holes had expired, and the front door seals really weren't...

Once she dried out again I got back to work with the silicone.

Here's a photo for ya Eric :)

33100276185_8a5ba80353_h.jpg

Elizabeth got a break today as I took the camel to work.

33100279685_c6471a6024_h.jpg

And changed the air filter. Would you believe she came with 10 spares?! :)

32927205512_dc9c211e9a_h.jpg

Now trying to get the Bosch corner flood work lamps to function. Both were bulbless...

32927209482_4ffb9900d0_h.jpg

BOSCH LE1403G, anyone know where to get the right halogen bulb?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles