A few modifications to accomodate a 'fridge

4S50

I have been modifying this trailer since I bought it about 12 years ago. About 2 years ago I added the roof top tent and we have made some great trips of up to two weeks, dragging it around behind our lifted CJ7 all over the west. I have taken this combination over the Rubicon a few times, over the Dusey-Ershim, and all over Death Valley, Oregon and Nevada. We decided that it was time to ditch the big Cabela's ice chest and upgrade to a 12v 'Fridge (Indel B).
In this pic you can see the ice chest and the camp table, and the two 5 gallon water jugs are strapped in ahead of the ice chest.
image.jpg

With the fridge and slider installed I not have a place to secure the water jugs or the table so I fabbed up this mount for two 5 gallon water jugs (another rides in the Jeep)
1 H2O wout cans.JPG

3 slide wout fridge.JPG

And I made a light rack that will hang the camp table under the tent
6 Tent Rack with Table carrier.JPG

And here is all of it ready to go
8 Done, table partially out.JPG

This left the front bed of the trailer open for chairs, etc. I had installed a AGM battery, which is charged by the Jeep, in the trailer a few years ago to power some LED lights and also provide power to the tent and this plug will now also be used to run the fridge.

4S50

Thanks! It was a fun problem to solve and I had a great time building it. I used bed frame rails for most of it! That steel is hard to drill, needed a cobalt bit to get through it! Now if it will stop raining....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior