Titan trekker on sale

JDaPP

Adventurer
The one that comes with it? You just shake it up and down, and it'll flow. It works fairly well. My only complaint is the 10 minutes or so that it takes to drain the tank. Well that and where you put the now fuel smelly hose afterwards. I usually time it so that I'm doing this at a time when I'm going to stopped for a while so I can let the hose air dry. And if you're careful you can keep the gas smell off of you.

One guy did build a wired in pump setup that looked amazing. But I personally would be hesitant to put a hole in, in the bottom of the tank. You have any sort of failure there, and it's leaking all over the place.

If you are using a pump you can put the hole at the top.

Red Zebra

Adventurer
Well that and where you put the now fuel smelly hose afterwards. I usually time it so that I'm doing this at a time when I'm going to stopped for a while so I can let the hose air dry.

What about a small gas safe bag/pouch to hold the siphon then bungee/secure it to the 3rd brake light stalk? I dunno, I just received the tank and planning install this weekend and will try something like that. Your're totally oinked if you lose the siphon though. =)

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I've been using a shaker siphon for years. I leave it out in the sun for a few minutes after I've used to to evaporate most of the gasoline out of it, and then I drop it into a gallon freezer ziplock bag for storage without fumes. Use rubber/nitrile gloves though, or else handling the hose will transfer fuel odor to your hands, which then transfers to your steering wheel, your sandwich, your wife, or anything else you touch afterwards.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Got the kit last night. Very nice quality. Zinc plated brackets, etc.
Comes with a zip lock bag for the hose.
Just add gloves. :)

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I installed mine over the weekend and can confirm that it fits perfectly with the MetalCloak tire carrier. The only issue I had was that Titan's included wheel studs for the tire mount were too short for my 315/70R17 Coopers on OEM wheels - too much sidewall bulge prevented the lug nuts from being able to thread, so I ran out to an auto parts store and found some longer studs that worked perfectly (Dorman part number 610-368).

Red Zebra

Adventurer
The Trekker is really cool kit. Installed this past weekend with no issues on Teraflex hinge with adjustable tire/ light mount. The tank blocks a portion of the rear window view but no big deal as I'm often hauling stuff in the back that blocks all rear view.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
The Trekker is really cool kit. Installed this past weekend with no issues on Teraflex hinge with adjustable tire/ light mount. The tank blocks a portion of the rear window view but no big deal as I'm often hauling stuff in the back that blocks all rear view.

I removed the rear view mirror completely and put a camera rear and front.
So much better view out the windshield now. :)

Red Zebra

Adventurer
I have already have several rear view cameras saved in my Amazon wish list. Used the tank today to pickup gas for my tractor. First time using a shaker siphon...Had full flow in a few seconds! It transferred most (95%+?)of the gas from the tank. The tank will work well for me.

Last edited:

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
What are the approximate dimensions of this tank? Wasn't able to find anything on their website. Trying to avoid blocking out rear visibility. It would go on a tj with the stock tailgate (would have to upgrade to Jeff's HD hinges) with a 31" tire. The pictures seem to show it covering most of the rear of the jk but the picture of the tj looks like it doesn't comprise visibility much.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
The radius to the top arc is right at 20". This would be measured from the horizontal center of the tire mount. So if you made a 40" diameter circle, and cut it in half, and taped the flat edge along the horizontal centerline of your spare, it should give you a decent representation. The "wing" on the passenger side is down about 3" from the top, the passenger side "wing" is about 7" wide, and goes straight down the side. The wing for the fuel cap is down about 2-1/2" from the top, and is about 3" wide.
Measuring from the vertical center to the sides is about 18" to each side.
Measuring from the vertical centerline to the bottom is about 9-1/2", and it slopes up towards the passenger side.
And it's about 5" thick, to where the spare tire would sit.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Titan-Fuel-Tank-Mounted.jpg
    Titan-Fuel-Tank-Mounted.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 17

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
I spoke to Mike at Titan and he said they have a new version coming out next month and that this sale will end on 3/22.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz