Titan trekker on sale

JDaPP

Adventurer
FYI for anyone that has been wanting a titan trekker fuel tanks they are on sale for $269 on titans website.

AZ4X4DUDE

Dirt road please!
Pulled the trigger and ordered one too! Such a bargain, thanks for posting would have never gotten a great deal!

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
Really thinking about this....I don't really need one at this point but it would free up interior space from a jerry can, and when you look at the price of mounting brackets for jerrys it's right about the same price. Curse you sale, I didn't want to spend money.....

ValliantJeep

This is a great deal. I'm in the same boat. This was a possible expense 6 months from now,but it's hard to turn away this kind of deal.

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
For me it would be an expense several years down the road (assuming I don't get myself a Wagoneer by that time and use that for the multi-day long range stuff instead of the Wrangler) although it might be nice to have the extra range if I drive to field camp next summer in New Mexico from North Carolina. I did some bubba math/reasoning-

Its more than half a tank (19 gal stock). I could pick up another jerry can for pretty cheap and have roughly that much gas, but where would I keep it? If I bought mounts it would be within close to that (Morryde side mounts are $150, I don't have a tire carrier to mount on, spare mount for one is $130), plus I need one of those siphons anyway. And those mounts wouldn't lock or anything, so people could jack my cans. Then again, do I have a need for a 50% increase in range, especially on the East coast? If I can get close to 300 out of a tank (say I get 15 mpg, that's 285 mi, 250 with reserves) at that same economy which I'm understating as a buffer, that tank would add 180 miles to my range. So total that's about 450 miles, call it 400 with reserves. The question it comes down to is do I need it. I don't think so. But man that's the deal. We'll see, maybe someone will talk me into or out of it.

Red Zebra

Adventurer
Titan Trekker

+1. Ordered and received within 7 days. Thanks Titan, really nice tank. We really don't have the need for extended range back East here but this gives peace of mind during the off-season or holidays when small gas stops might be closed in the outlying areas when exploring--or the fuel quality suspect from seedy gas stop. Planning an Alaska trip in 18-24 months which helped to justify...this and annual trips out west on side/secondary roads. Plus, I use 4-6 gallons of gas mowing several acres every week or so during the summer. The Trekker will make it super convenient transporting real gas from the local Co-Op 25 miles away without placing cans inside the passenger compartment. *See, I can justify every purchase I make.*

Cheers

Thats cool, reminds me of the AEV version. 2 Gal more on the Titian fuel cell which cost less than the AEV version, thats a no brainier..

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Thanks for posting this up JDaPP. :beer:
Just got off the phone with Titan. According to the rep, they have this one on sale because they have a redesign coming out this spring which will be more universal.
I have an LOD bumper which is not on their "tested" list.
The LOD requires the spare be drawn in by the lugs to sandwich it tightly to the back plate for support. When I asked if this tank can be sandwiched in this fashion he said yes. So I'll give it a try.
Smoking good price, even with shipping. :)

Great you're on top of this by helping those who create these products.. but can anyone tell me how the 2 gpm Shaker Siphon works?.. I mean, I know how bad gasoline tastes.. so if someone has a better way to siphon the fuel out, I'd like to know. Just wonder if anyone's create a battery operated pump of sorts to use as a siphon.. Or someone create an air hose type coupler at the bottom of the tank and allow gravity do the rest.

Septu

Explorer
Great you're on top of this by helping those who create these products.. but can anyone tell me how the 2 gpm Shaker Siphon works?.. I mean, I know how bad gasoline tastes.. so if someone has a better way to siphon the fuel out, I'd like to know. Just wonder if anyone's create a battery operated pump of sorts to use as a siphon.. Or someone create an air hose type coupler at the bottom of the tank and allow gravity do the rest.

The one that comes with it? You just shake it up and down, and it'll flow. It works fairly well. My only complaint is the 10 minutes or so that it takes to drain the tank. Well that and where you put the now fuel smelly hose afterwards. I usually time it so that I'm doing this at a time when I'm going to stopped for a while so I can let the hose air dry. And if you're careful you can keep the gas smell off of you.

One guy did build a wired in pump setup that looked amazing. But I personally would be hesitant to put a hole in, in the bottom of the tank. You have any sort of failure there, and it's leaking all over the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles