Titan trekker on sale

Superduty

Adventurer
The radius to the top arc is right at 20". This would be measured from the horizontal center of the tire mount. So if you made a 40" diameter circle, and cut it in half, and taped the flat edge along the horizontal centerline of your spare, it should give you a decent representation. The "wing" on the passenger side is down about 3" from the top, the passenger side "wing" is about 7" wide, and goes straight down the side. The wing for the fuel cap is down about 2-1/2" from the top, and is about 3" wide.
Measuring from the vertical center to the sides is about 18" to each side.
Measuring from the vertical centerline to the bottom is about 9-1/2", and it slopes up towards the passenger side.
And it's about 5" thick, to where the spare tire would sit.

Hope this helps.

You have spare tire, trekker, extra Jerry can holder and cargo rack ALL on the JKs back door?

Can it handle that kind of weight?

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
You have spare tire, trekker, extra Jerry can holder and cargo rack ALL on the JKs back door?

Look again. It's mounted on an LoD Bumper swing out tire carrier, not the tailgate. :beer:
http://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/2007-2017-jeep-jk-products/signature-series-rear-bumper-w-tire-carrier/2007-2017-jeep-jk-generation-4-signature-series-fullwidth-bumper-w-tire-carrier.html

The only thing mounted to the tail gate is a CB antenna and antenna mount.
I wouldn't trust the rear quarter panel to support that kind of weight. One big wind, or open the door when the rig is off camber, and that's a lot of momentum to stop with a bunch of spot welded sheet metal.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
With the fuel situation taken care of, we can move on to more important issues, like fuel for the stove, heater and camp lights. ;)
Need to come up with a D.O.T. approved tank mounting bracket.

Here's one of those exchange tanks sitting on the original fuel can mount for a visual.

Attachments

• Titan-Fuel-Tank-LP_Tank.jpg
    Titan-Fuel-Tank-LP_Tank.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 21

Superduty

Adventurer
Look again. It's mounted on an LoD Bumper swing out tire carrier, not the tailgate.
http://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/2007-2017-jeep-jk-products/signature-series-rear-bumper-w-tire-carrier/2007-2017-jeep-jk-generation-4-signature-series-fullwidth-bumper-w-tire-carrier.html

The only thing mounted to the tail gate is a CB antenna and antenna mount.
I wouldn't trust the rear quarter panel to support that kind of weight. One big wind, or open the door when the rig is off camber, and that's a lot of momentum to stop with a bunch of spot welded sheet metal.

I have confidence in the tailgate structure holding the antenna. Lol

Totally missed the lod.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I spoke to Mike at Titan and he said they have a new version coming out next month and that this sale will end on 3/22.

Seems like you heard right. The page is no longer there.
Glad I got the second one ordered for the Scout when I did.
Thanks for the heads up! :beer:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
It should fit though. I am getting one to swap between my Patriot and suburban. Just change the tire, when mounting to the vehicle. two birds with one stone type of deal.

Septu

Explorer

I tried using the MoreRyde hinges and tailgate re-inforcement setup, and it's not strong enough once the tank is full to hold it and my 35" spare. I'm suffering through it for now as I rarely fill the tank other than when on road trips, and when I do, I'm not normally opening the tailgate. But eventually I'll need to replace that setup with something else. Probably the Teraflex system.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I tried using the MoreRyde hinges and tailgate re-inforcement setup, and it's not strong enough once the tank is full to hold it and my 35" spare. I'm suffering through it for now as I rarely fill the tank other than when on road trips, and when I do, I'm not normally opening the tailgate. But eventually I'll need to replace that setup with something else. Probably the Teraflex system.

My AEV carrier holds the weight of the full Titan tank, plus 34" spare, high lift, shovel and maxtrax with ease.
Well over 10k kms on nasty roads and it is absolutely rock, rock solid.

-Dan

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
If anyone bought one and wants to sell it, let me know. I missed this deal but really need one for our travels.

I was able to source one! Thx for those that PMd me...

sent via the cone of silence

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles